This role is located in Knoxville, TN and will require in-office work on an occasional basis.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company that helps the world’s leading businesses, governments and other organizations build their digital core, optimize their operations, accelerate revenue growth and enhance citizen services—creating tangible value at speed and scale. We are a talent and innovation led company with 738,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries.
Technology is at the core of change today, and we are one of the world’s leaders in helping drive that change, with strong ecosystem relationships. We combine our strength in technology with unmatched industry experience, functional expertise and global delivery capability. We are uniquely able to deliver tangible outcomes because of our broad range of services, solutions and assets across Strategy & Consulting, Technology, Operations, Industry X and Accenture Song.
These capabilities, together with our culture of shared success and commitment to creating 360° value, enable us to help our clients succeed and build trusted, lasting relationships. We measure our success by the 360° value we create for our clients, each other, our shareholders, partners and communities.
The Insurance Controllership Team Lead serves a critical role in the management of the client's quarterly financial close and preparation of accurate external reporting of financial information in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles US GAAP, statutory accounting principles and internal policies. Central to this role is ensuring the close calendar is being adhered to and that issues are identified in a timely manner and effectively managed, maintaining data integrity and a robust control environment, possessing a command of our legal entity and general ledger structures, and driving process improvements. In addition to working across the Controllership in North America, this role will also involve partnering with other stakeholders beyond Finance to support an efficient close process.
- Support the Commercial Lines Controller in executing quarterly and annual accounting close processes on US GAAP and US statutory bases, with a primary focus on underwriting technical activities, across multiple US domiciled insurance entities this will include both controlling and financial analysis of results
- Proactively manage adherence to the quarterly General Insurance and Corporate financial close calendars align closely with Segment Controllers and Shared Service Center personnel throughout the close process, anticipate issues or challenges to timelines and ensure proper escalation
- Support and contribute to management and execution of projects and workstreams associated with significant transactions, system implementations migrations and ad hoc activities, including those which are business driven
- Execute primary review of key balance sheet reconciliations, formulating and executing action plans for substantiation resolution of open items
- Identify opportunities and contribute to strengthening the control environment and implementing process improvements, including projects designs
Something looks off?