Senior Software Engineer, Interoperability
Looking to join a world-class blockchain development team? Ava Labs makes it simple to deploy high-performance solutions for Web3, led by innovations on Avalanche. The company was founded by Cornell computer scientists, who partnered with Wall Street veterans and early Web3 leaders to execute a promising vision for redefining the way people build permissionless networks. Ava Labs is redefining the way people create value with Web3. Join us as we empower people to easily and freely digitize all the world’s assets on one open, programmable blockchain platform
The Avalanche Bridge is a new cross-chain transfer solution developed by Ava Labs using Intel SGX technology. The bridge currently allows Ethereum users to seamlessly move their ERC20s over to the Avalanche ecosystem to leverage the DApps and platforms available on Avalanche. Since launching at the end of July 2021, the Avalanche Bridge has secured more than $700M in transfers from Ethereum to Avalanche. Moving forward, the bridge plans to add support for additional networks and asset types.
- Design, optimize, and implement novel cross-chain transfer and interoperability protocols
- Contribute to core technical projects of the Avalanche Bridge, from planning through release
- Work with our talented product, business, and engineering teams to communicate and align on upcoming features and releases
- Develop automated testing suites and tools
- Support our DevOps team with new releases and production monitoring (on-call rotation)
- Engage with our open-source community
- BS in Computer Science or related discipline
- 1+ years of hands on blockchain, consensus protocols, distributed systems, applied cryptography, or similar systems
- C++, Golang and/or Solidity
- Strong understanding of Distributed Systems (fee structures, transaction formats & consensus mechanisms)
- Hands on experience with Cloud Deployments (Native Cloud AWS and/or Azure)
- Ansible is a plus
- FLCD Smart Contract experience is a plus
- Experience with HD (Hierarchical Deterministic) Wallets is a plus
- Cryptography is a plus
- Experience leading teams is a plus
Salary Range: $151,200.00 - $208,200.00 (**This is not a guarantee of compensation or salary, a final offer amount may vary based on factors including but not limited to experience and geographic location.)
WHY AVA LABS?
If you've ever thought about joining an early stage Web3 company - this is it! We're a global, world-class team of experts in computer science, economics, finance, marketing, and law with offices in New York City and Miami. We're highly passionate about Web3 and redefining the way people build and use finance and decentralized applications of all kinds. The company received early-stage funding from Andreessen Horowitz, Initialized Capital, and Polychain Capital, with angel investments from Balaji Srinivasan and Naval Ravikant. Join us and be a pioneer in a new technology that will have implications across a range of verticals such as finance, gaming, investing, collectibles, among many others.
Ava Labs is committed to diversity in the workplace and we’re proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not hire on basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.