Looking to join a world-class blockchain development team? Ava Labs makes it simple to deploy high-performance solutions for Web3, led by innovations on Avalanche. The company was founded by Cornell computer scientists, who partnered with Wall Street veterans and early Web3 leaders to execute a promising vision for redefining the way people build permissionless networks. Ava Labs is redefining the way people create value with Web3. Join us as we empower people to easily and freely digitize all the world’s assets on one open, programmable blockchain platform
Embedded within the Treasury department and working with the Portfolio Manager, this person will be a blend of investment management and technical acumen. As a vital contributor to the department this role will have exposure to valuations, risk management, strategies, and the measurement of performance.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Develop and maintain the python backend infrastructure.
- Read and interact directly with DeFi protocols.
- Automate asset management processes (e.g. risk monitoring, execution, etc.)
- Quantitatively analyze the performance of current strategies and assess market conditions
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
- Bachelor’s degree in mathematics, engineering, statistics, or related field, masters degree preferred
- 1-2 years of experience working in asset management, with a focus on quant strategies and/or risk management
- 1+ years of working in a start-up environment
- Advanced knowledge of mathematics and statistics.
- Proficient in python, SQL, EVM blockchains, and connecting to APIs.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must possess a high level of integrity and demonstrate a strong ethical character in all professional and personal interactions
- Self-starter with a strong entrepreneurial spirit, and a willingness to take initiative to identify areas for process improvement and drive results.
- Willingness to take a hands-on approach and get involved in all aspects of the job
- Passion for crypto/web3 and eagerness to consume latest market news and developments
Base Salary Range: $99,600 to $140,000
(**This is not a guarantee of compensation or salary, a final offer amount may vary based on factors including but not limited to experience and geographic location.)
WHY AVA LABS?
If you've ever thought about joining an early stage Web3 company - this is it! We're a global, world-class team of experts in computer science, economics, finance, marketing, and law with offices in New York City and Miami. We're highly passionate about Web3 and redefining the way people build and use finance and decentralized applications of all kinds. The company received early-stage funding from Andreessen Horowitz, Initialized Capital, and Polychain Capital, with angel investments from Balaji Srinivasan and Naval Ravikant. Join us and be a pioneer in a new technology that will have implications across a range of verticals such as finance, gaming, investing, collectibles, among many others.
Ava Labs is committed to diversity in the workplace and we’re proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not hire on basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Something looks off?