KYC Onboarding Associate
B2C2 is a digital asset pioneer building the ecosystem of the future.
The firm has unlocked institutional access to crypto by providing reliable liquidity across market conditions.
B2C2’s success is built on crypto-native technology and continuous product innovation, making it the partner of choice for diverse institutions globally.Founded in 2015 and acquired by Japanese financial group, SBI, in 2020, B2C2 remains a standalone company. Headquartered in the UK, with offices in the US and Japan, B2C2 OTC Ltd. is authorised and regulated by the UK’s Financial Conduct Authority (FRN 810834).
We pride ourselves on our company culture and ability to attract not only the top talent but the right people. If you are looking for a role in an exciting new industry, at a dynamic company please keep reading.
Scope of the role:
If you like solving problems with moving parts, juggling multiple projects at time, working with emerging technologies and seeing your solutions make a real impact then think about joining B2C2 as a Graduate/ Junior KYC Onboarding Specialist on our global Team. Every day will be slightly different as we delve into market structure changes, build out new products to offer to our clients, and customize our offering to close market gaps. This role requires the ability to manage across many internal stakeholders including sales, trading, technology, and compliance. The ideal candidate must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills and enjoy working in a team environment.
Please note, there are two roles available and both are permanent positions.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Engage clients to help facilitate the onboarding and maintenance processes.
- Coordinate client / counterparty KYC onboarding across multiple functions / B2C2
entities - Front Office, Compliance, AML, Operations, Legal, Risk, amongst others - all
in a high pressure / time-sensitive environment.
- Ensure onboarding requests are completed within expected timeframes. Ensure
that client maintenance activities are acted upon in a timely manner.
- Review agreements, legal and financial documents, and other paperwork for
completeness and accuracy.
- Assist in the assessment / assignment of risk classifications to incoming clients /
counterparties and those expanding / changing business activities; where
applicable, adjust KYC profiles due to changes in risk factors.
- Undertake recertifications and renewal of due diligence on existing clients /
counterparties to ensure identification of changes in risk profile, including
reputational and operational risk factors.
- Assist in the maintenance and / or revisions of Client Onboarding Procedures to
ensure that the onboarding / client maintenance process is documented,
transparent, consistent, sustainable, efficient, and effective.
- Participate in design and testing of enhancements to client due diligence /
onboarding databases, reports, and systems.
- Support management in its tactical / strategic initiatives regarding onboarding
applications / other systems.
- Work closely with Sales, Compliance, Legal and other teams to render policies /
procedures more transparent and effective, all while preserving risk control
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Bachelor's (BA/BS or University degree) degree required
- Experience with or a keen interest of emerging technologies including bitcoin, cryptocurrency, Blockchain and Ethereum, derivatives and funding products
- KYC onboarding experience (Junior Level)
- Appreciation for due diligence operations and onboarding applications / systems.
- Strong interpersonal skills: Effective communicator both written and verbal.
- Ability to face-off to management team, Front Office, Sales, Compliance, Legal, Audit
- Well-organized and good at multitasking. Track-record of keeping good
composure in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment.
- Understanding of US PATRIOT Act, BSA / AML requirements (e.g. CIP
requirements; difference between CDD and EDD; etc), Dodd-Frank, 5MLD, MLR
2017, MLR 2019 among others.
- High competency in research and analysis, and in using external due-diligence
- Energetic / self-starter. Ability to take direction and act quickly.
- Healthy mix of compliance and pragmatism / commerciality in an environment
where revenue growth is a mandate and risk control is paramount
- High competency in Google products suite.
- The opportunity to grow at a fast pace in meritocratic environment
- Performance review and discretionary cash bonus paid every quarter
- 401K plan after 3 months of employment
- Life Assurance
- Long Term Disability
- 15 days holiday (plus public holidays)
- Exciting social calendar
- Recognition awards
A strong culture is a common denominator among the most successful companies and B2C2 is proud to be a values-based company.
- Ambitious - Striving to make history through world class achievements
- Innovative - Forward looking in our solutions for clients and employees
- Meritocratic - Rewarding positive contribution across the organisation
- Collegiate - Achieving through teamwork through a healthy environment
- Risk Aware – Informed decision making and considered in our practices
Equal Employment Opportunities Policy:
- B2C2 is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. It is the policy of B2C2 to apply recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation and professional development practices without regard to actual or perceived race, colour, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation and gender identity), national origin, age, disability or certain classifications based on genetic information, or because someone is married or in a civil partnership or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. As such, B2C2 will not tolerate discrimination against any of our employees on the basis of membership in a protected category. We are also committed to creating an inclusive environment to ensure we attract, engage, promote and retain the best talent. We will consider flexible working arrangements for any of our roles.
Something looks off?