Head of Internal Audit (Part Time)
B2C2 is a digital asset pioneer building the ecosystem of the future.
The firm has unlocked institutional access to crypto by providing reliable liquidity across market conditions.
B2C2’s success is built on crypto-native technology and continuous product innovation, making it the partner of choice for diverse institutions globally.Founded in 2015 and acquired by Japanese financial group, SBI, in 2020, B2C2 remains a standalone company. Headquartered in the UK, with offices in the US and Japan, B2C2 OTC Ltd. is authorised and regulated by the UK’s Financial Conduct Authority (FRN 810834).
We pride ourselves on our company culture and ability to attract not only the top talent but the right people. If you are looking for a role in an exciting new industry, at a dynamic company please keep reading.
Scope of the role
As the Head of Internal Audit, you will play a crucial role in establishing, overseeing and managing the internal audit function within our firm. You will report directly to the B2C2 Ltd Board of Directors and B2C2 Ltd CEO. This is a part time role (2-3 days a week).
- In alignment with the company's objectives, you will develop and implement a comprehensive audit strategy which will effectively manage risks associated with crypto trading and underlying clients.
- You will propose (to the Board of Directors) and implement an annual risk-based audit plan to evaluate and enhance our internal controls, risk management processes, and compliance framework.
- You will source, manage and provide oversight (including evaluate the performance) of the independent audit work conducted by 3rd party vendors.
- You will work closely with external audit firms and cross-functional departments to identify and mitigate risks, implement best practices, and ensure regulatory compliance.
- You monitor the implementation of audit recommendations, providing guidance and support to ensure effective resolution of identified issues and review audit closure packs.
- Stay informed about industry trends, regulatory developments, and best practices related to crypto trading, and ensure the internal audit function remains up to date and aligned with evolving requirements.
- Foster a culture of compliance and risk awareness across the organization, providing guidance and training to employees on internal control procedures and risk mitigation
- Collaborate with external auditors and regulatory bodies as necessary, ensuring the efficient and effective completion of external audits and regulatory examinations.
- Longer term (12-18mths) objectives:
- You will conduct risk assessments and identify areas of potential vulnerability or non-compliance within the organization's operations, systems, and processes.
- Define detailed audit procedures, including testing of transactions, systems, and internal controls, to assess the reliability and accuracy of financial and operational information.
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, or a related field. A relevant professional certification (e.g., CIA, CISA, CPA) is strongly preferred.
- Proven auditing experience (minimum 7 years), preferably within the financial services industry.
- Ideally have knowledge of crypto trading practices, regulations, and risks associated with the industry.
- Strong understanding of financial accounting, risk management, and internal control principles.
- Excellent knowledge of relevant regulatory requirements and standards (e.g., SEC, FINRA, FATF) pertaining to crypto trading and client protection.
- Demonstrated experience in leading and managing an internal audit function, including developing audit plans, executing audits, and delivering audit reports to senior management and audit committees.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to assess complex situations, identify risks, and develop practical recommendations.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to influence and collaborate effectively with stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- Proficiency in using audit management tools and data analytics software.
- High ethical standards and integrity, with a commitment to promoting a culture of compliance and risk awareness.
- Discretionary cash bonus paid every 6 months
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays – pro rated)
- Private Medical Insurance (BUPA)
- Group Personal Pension with Royal London (3.5% e’ee contribution, 5.5% e’er contribution with an additional 4.5% matching)
- Group Income Protection
- Hybrid working
- Refreshments and drinks
- Enhanced maternity/paternity leave
- Exciting social calendar
- Recognition awards
- The opportunity to grow at a fast pace in meritocratic environment
A strong culture is a common denominator among the most successful companies and B2C2 is proud to be a values-based company.
- Ambitious - Striving to make history through world class achievements
- Innovative - Forward looking in our solutions for clients and employees
- Meritocratic - Rewarding positive contribution across the organisation
- Collegiate - Achieving through teamwork through a healthy environment
- Risk Aware – Informed decision making and considered in our practices
Equal Employment Opportunities Policy:
- B2C2 is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. It is the policy of B2C2 to apply recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation and professional development practices without regard to actual or perceived race, colour, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation and gender identity), national origin, age, disability or certain classifications based on genetic information, or because someone is married or in a civil partnership or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. As such, B2C2 will not tolerate discrimination against any of our employees on the basis of membership in a protected category. We are also committed to creating an inclusive environment to ensure we attract, engage, promote and retain the best talent. We will consider flexible working arrangements for any of our roles.
Something looks off?