Transaction Monitoring Analyst
B2C2 is a digital asset pioneer building the ecosystem of the future.
The firm has unlocked institutional access to crypto by providing reliable liquidity across market conditions.
B2C2’s success is built on crypto-native technology and continuous product innovation, making it the partner of choice for diverse institutions globally.Founded in 2015 and acquired by Japanese financial group, SBI, in 2020, B2C2 remains a standalone company. Headquartered in the UK, with offices in the US and Japan, B2C2 OTC Ltd. is authorised and regulated by the UK’s Financial Conduct Authority (FRN 810834).
We pride ourselves on our company culture and ability to attract not only the top talent but the right people. If you are looking for a role in an exciting new industry, at a dynamic company please keep reading.
Scope of the role:
If you like solving problems with moving parts, investigating market conduct and transaction-based activity, working with emerging technologies and seeing results that protect against activity that may be suspicious or indicative of potential money laundering, fraud, and other types of financial crime, then think about joining B2C2 as a Transaction Monitoring Analyst on our US Team.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Review alerts and investigations and escalate matters to the Transaction Monitoring Manager, Chief Compliance Officer and/or AML Compliance Officer, as necessary.
- Identify suspicious activity, investigate patterns, typologies, and work on appropriate solutions.
- Investigate, analyze, and identify AML alerts which may lead to filing suspicious activity reports (SARs) as required by law.
Ensure AML risks associated with transaction activities are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and mitigated.
- Interface with Onboarding team in conducting sanctions, PEP, and adverse media checks on crypto asset wallets.
- Assume responsibility for certain projects, including gathering data, maintaining investigative file and disposition database, and preparing reporting metrics for meetings, external audits and exams.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
Bachelor’s degree required
- Experience in conducting alert reviews, investigations, and handling transaction monitoring remediations, preferably with a fintech or crypto asset trading firm.
- Demonstrated Knowledge of US PATRIOT Act, BSA / AML requirements (e.g. AML, KYC, OFAC, FinCEN requirements and regulations).
- Experience with blockchain analytics software (e.g. Chainalysis, Elliptic, CipherTrace).
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and learn new tools quickly.
- Ability to make independent decisions as well as collaborate effectively with a team.
- Willingness to work across different time zones with global and regional teams.
- Strong interpersonal skills: Effective communicator both written and verbal.
- Well-organized and good at multitasking. Track-record of keeping good composure in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment.
- Energetic / self-starter. Ability to take direction and act quickly.
- Experience with or a keen interest in emerging technologies including bitcoin, cryptocurrency, Blockchain and Ethereum.
- ACAMS certification and/or Certified Fraud Examiner is a plus.
- Strong understanding of transaction monitoring scenarios logic.
- The opportunity to grow at a fast pace in meritocratic environment
- Performance review and discretionary cash bonus paid every quarter
- 401K plan after 3 months of employment
- Life Assurance
- Long Term Disability
- 15 days holiday (plus public holidays)
- Exciting social calendar
- Recognition awards
A strong culture is a common denominator among the most successful companies and B2C2 is proud to be a values-based company.
- Ambitious - Striving to make history through world class achievements
- Innovative - Forward looking in our solutions for clients and employees
- Meritocratic - Rewarding positive contribution across the organisation
- Collegiate - Achieving through teamwork through a healthy environment
- Risk Aware – Informed decision making and considered in our practices
Equal Employment Opportunities Policy:
- B2C2 is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. It is the policy of B2C2 to apply recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation and professional development practices without regard to actual or perceived race, colour, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation and gender identity), national origin, age, disability or certain classifications based on genetic information, or because someone is married or in a civil partnership or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. As such, B2C2 will not tolerate discrimination against any of our employees on the basis of membership in a protected category. We are also committed to creating an inclusive environment to ensure we attract, engage, promote and retain the best talent. We will consider flexible working arrangements for any of our roles.