Senior Quality Assurance Engineer
B2C2 is a digital asset pioneer building the ecosystem of the future.
The firm has unlocked institutional access to crypto by providing reliable liquidity across market conditions.
B2C2’s success is built on crypto-native technology and continuous product innovation, making it the partner of choice for diverse institutions globally.Founded in 2015 and acquired by Japanese financial group, SBI, in 2020, B2C2 remains a standalone company. Headquartered in the UK, with offices in the US and Japan, B2C2 OTC Ltd. is authorised and regulated by the UK’s Financial Conduct Authority (FRN 810834).
We pride ourselves on our company culture and ability to attract not only the top talent but the right people. If you are looking for a role in an exciting new industry, at a dynamic company please keep reading.
Overview of team:
Quality Assurance is a new and growing team within B2C2. We are aiming to provide an engineer-focused testing service with a small, experienced team across all front and middle office systems and processes, using automation to test efficiently and increase quality. Working with teams within technology, trading and other areas of the business, we are building the tools and processes necessary to ensure B2C2 can continue to innovate quickly and create best-of-class systems.
Scope of role:
As a quality assurance engineer you will spend time contributing to the build out of strategic functional and non-functional test frameworks and tooling, balancing this with prioritised release and project testing. As a member of multiple agile teams as well as the QA horizontal, you will work closely with developers and business stakeholders, and your work will satisfy internal quality assurance goals as well as the visibility of testing required by internal and external stakeholders such as the risk team and regulators.
- Contribution to the build out of tooling and test frameworks for functional and non-functional testing
- Ownership of testing and quality assurance for one or more project teams concurrently
- Delivery of system and system integration testing for releases
- Facilitation of user acceptance testing (UAT) for high risk projects
- Automated test build out to test new and existing systems and developments
- Reporting of testing to project stakeholders to enable gain testing sign off and help enable project sign off
- Assist support and development teams in reproduction and investigation of production issues, and testing of their subsequent fixes
- Assisting with the organisation and management of business-focused manual test cases and Maintenance of existing automated test cases
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the company and the overall business objectives of B2C2.
- Leadership of testing projects in a complex environment
- Development of test automation frameworks for complex systems
- Ability to code in Java and development of Java based test automation frameworks
- Building and using tooling for non-functional testing
- Test analysis test case creation with a risk-based focus
- The application of test analysis to high frequency trading systems with a functional and non-functional focus
- Investigation of complex issues across a system stack
- Test automation using Cucumber to define test cases, including UI automation
- Working knowledge of Python and Rust, adaptable to understanding and using other languages
- Working knowledge of KDB and Q
- Use of AWS and kubernetes
- Extensive knowledge of trading and middleware protocols and technologies including:
o FIX protocol
o REST APIs
- A keen interest in trading systems and crypto
Employee benefits are continually evolving at B2C2 and at present we are proud to offer:
- The opportunity to grow at a fast pace in meritocratic environment
- Performance review and discretionary cash bonus paid every 6 months
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Private Medical Insurance (BUPA)
- Group Personal Pension with Royal London (3.5% e’ee contribution, 5.5% e’er contribution with an additional 4.5% matching)
- Group Income Protection
- Enhanced maternity/paternity leave
- Exciting social calendar
- Flexible working
- Recognition awards
A strong culture is a common denominator among the most successful companies and B2C2 is proud to be a values-based company.
- Ambitious - Striving to make history through world class achievements
- Innovative - Forward looking in our solutions for clients and employees
- Meritocratic - Rewarding positive contribution across the organisation
- Collegiate - Achieving through teamwork through a healthy environment
- Risk Aware – Informed decision making and considered in our practices
Equal Employment Opportunities Policy:
- B2C2 is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. It is the policy of B2C2 to apply recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation and professional development practices without regard to actual or perceived race, colour, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation and gender identity), national origin, age, disability or certain classifications based on genetic information, or because someone is married or in a civil partnership or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. As such, B2C2 will not tolerate discrimination against any of our employees on the basis of membership in a protected category. We are also committed to creating an inclusive environment to ensure we attract, engage, promote and retain the best talent. We will consider flexible working arrangements for any of our roles.