Corporate Counsel (3-5 PQE)
Posted on Saturday, June 10, 2023
Binance is the leading global blockchain ecosystem and cryptocurrency infrastructure provider whose suite of financial products includes the world’s largest digital-asset exchange.
Our mission is to accelerate cryptocurrency adoption and increase the freedom of money.
If you’re looking for a fast-paced, mission-driven organization where opportunities to learn and excel are endless, then Binance is the place for you.
- Support the development and implementation of group legal strategy and contribute to the development of the organization’s general business strategy.
- Provide proactive, in-depth, business focused advice and execution.
- Assist with legal response to corporate and wider matters encountered by the company and internal stakeholders and provide sound and robust legal advice and support; and leading external communication on legal matters including negotiation with external parties.
- Assist in transactional activities including M&A, majority and minority investments and joint ventures as well as restructurings globally.
- Advise and support a wide variety of transactional, reorganisation and governance initiatives.
- Be responsible for drafting and reviewing legal documents and providing holistic risk assessment and suggestions to enhance business value while mitigating downside risk across multiple areas of the company.
- Partner with cross-functional and regional teams and provide support on legal matters of varying complexity, sensitivity, and tangibility.
- Anticipate and maintain up-to-date knowledge of current laws.
- Identify legal framework developments, align and promote consistency of approach in legal matters between the internal stakeholders.
- Take prudent risks within the context of the overall business, and advise and implement solutions to address issues identified.
- Qualified lawyer in an English, Commonwealth, US or European jurisdiction.
- 3-5 years of post qualification experience working in-house at a well-established corporate or investment fund or a reputable law firm.
- Strong team player and good business sense.
- Ideally trained in a reputable law firm within the corporate practice with a transactional focus, ie M&A/PE/VC.
- Restructuring experience is also helpful.
- Possesses strong legal technical expertise as well as exceptional business acumen and people skills.
- Hands on at work and can be independent in managing complex projects whilst still working as part of a team.
- Ability to come up with and execute creative solutions to meet current and evolving business needs.
- Excellent legal drafting and interpretation skills.
- Excellent problem solving, analytical and organisational skills.
Working at Binance
• Be a part of the world’s leading blockchain ecosystem that continues to grow and offers excellent career development opportunities
• Work alongside diverse, world-class talent in an environment where learning and growth opportunities are endless
• Tackle fast-paced, challenging and unique projects
• Work in a truly global organization, with international teams and a flat organizational structure
• Competitive salary and benefits
• Balance life and work with flexible working hours and casual work attire
Learn more about how Binancians embody the organization’s core values, creating a unified culture that enables collaboration, excellence, and growth.
Apply today to be a part of the Web3 revolution!
Binance is committed to being an equal opportunity employer. We believe that having a diverse workforce is fundamental to our success.
By submitting a job application, you confirm that you have read and agree to our Candidate Privacy Notice.