Compliance Officer/Money Laundering Reporting Officer (CO/MLRO) - MEASA
Dubai - United Arab Emirates
Posted on Thursday, August 3, 2023
Binance is the leading global blockchain ecosystem and cryptocurrency infrastructure provider whose suite of financial products includes the world’s largest digital-asset exchange.
Our mission is to accelerate cryptocurrency adoption and increase the freedom of money.
If you’re looking for a fast-paced, mission-driven organization where opportunities to learn and excel are endless, then Binance is the place for you.
Binance is seeking an experienced and highly-motivated Compliance Officer/Money Laundering Reporting Officer to oversee our compliance activities in the MEASA (Middle East, Africa and South Asia), ideally with prior exposure in regulated jurisdictions including: the DIFC, ADGM or Bahrain.
As a CO/MLRO, you will play a crucial role in implementing and maintaining effective compliance programs to protect the organization from regulatory risks, as well as ensuring adherence to local and international anti-money laundering and compliance standards.
- Develop, implement, and maintain comprehensive compliance programs in line with regional and international regulations such as AML/CFT, KYC, and sanctions compliance.
- Monitor and review internal controls to ensure compliance with applicable laws, regulations, and policies, specifically in the MEASA region.
- Liaise and maintain relationships with regulatory bodies and manage any regulatory inquiries and reporting obligations for the organization in the region.
- Coordinate with global compliance teams to align compliance objectives, processes, and goals, ensuring consistent practices across the organization.
- Conduct ongoing risk assessments to identify potential gaps in the compliance framework and develop action plans to address identified areas of risk.
- Provide training and guidance to staff on compliance-related matters, promoting a culture of integrity, compliance, and transparency throughout the organization.
- Implement continuous improvement to the compliance program's effectiveness, recommending changes as needed to ensure adaptation to a rapidly evolving regulatory environment.
- A bachelor's degree in Finance, Law, Engineering, or a related discipline.
- Minimum 8 years of experience in compliance, AML/CFT, or regulatory affairs, with a focus on the financial services or related industries within the MEASA region.
- Extensive knowledge of and experience in MEASA including DFSA, FSRA or CBB regulations and compliance standards.
- Exceptional communication skills, with the ability to effectively present complex information to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with a proactive approach to identifying, addressing, and preventing compliance risks.
- Fluency in English is required; proficiency in Arabic or other relevant languages would be considered as an advantage.
- Distinguished leadership capabilities and experience in managing cross-functional teams.
Working at Binance
• Be a part of the world’s leading blockchain ecosystem that continues to grow and offers excellent career development opportunities
• Work alongside diverse, world-class talent in an environment where learning and growth opportunities are endless
• Tackle fast-paced, challenging and unique projects
• Work in a truly global organization, with international teams and a flat organizational structure
• Competitive salary and benefits
• Balance life and work with flexible working hours and casual work attire
Learn more about how Binancians embody the organization’s core values, creating a unified culture that enables collaboration, excellence, and growth.
Apply today to be a part of the Web3 revolution!
Binance is committed to being an equal opportunity employer. We believe that having a diverse workforce is fundamental to our success.
By submitting a job application, you confirm that you have read and agree to our Candidate Privacy Notice.