Europe Employment Legal Counsel
Dubai - United Arab Emirates
Posted on Thursday, September 7, 2023
Binance is the leading global blockchain ecosystem and cryptocurrency infrastructure provider whose suite of financial products includes the world’s largest digital-asset exchange.
Our mission is to accelerate cryptocurrency adoption and increase the freedom of money.
If you’re looking for a fast-paced, mission-driven organization where opportunities to learn and excel are endless, then Binance is the place for you.
- Providing legal advice and assistance to the HR team and stakeholders in handling all personnel related matters whether contentious and non-contentious - this includes day-to-day employment issues, incentives, employee disputes, grievances, disciplinary and performance issues, processes, restructuring and redundancy matters.
- Advising on the investigation and management of employee misconduct cases.
- Designing and implementing personnel related policies and processes.
- Designing and advising on employees’ incentives programme and benefits. Drafting, maintaining and reviewing employment-related documents.
- Project manage global employment projects.
- Liaising and managing external counsel whenever required.
- Monitoring and advising on employment law developments and their impact on the business.
- Coordinating/delivering training for Human Resources on employment law issues.
- Provide proactive, in-depth, commercially sensible legal advice to all stakeholders.
- Support the development and implementation of legal strategy to reduce risk while balancing against the organisation’s overall business strategy.
- Partner with cross-functional and regional teams and provide support on legal matters of varying complexity, sensitivity, and tangibility.
- Take prudent risks within the context of the overall business, and advise and implement solutions to address issues identified.
- Provide administrative support to manage billing, legal contracts, corporate documents and other documentation.
- Qualified lawyer in employment with 3-6 years of experience at a reputable global law firm and/or large multinational organisation including contentious and non-contentious experience.
- France or UK qualified lawyers preferred.
- Familiarity with and experience in advising on employment law matters across multiple European jurisdictions.
- Demonstrable commercial and legal judgment (including the ability to assess risk and advise accordingly).
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build and maintain relationships with colleagues worldwide.
- Strong time management skills with the ability to execute on multiple tasks and prioritise appropriately.
- Interest in the cryptocurrency industry and its development.
- Bachelors or Master of Laws degree from a top law school.
- Full proficiency in English required and fluency in French will be advantageous. Strong team player and good business sense.
- Hands on at work and can be independent in managing complex projects.
- Can develop relevant and creative solutions to handle risks and manage disputes.
- Excellent legal drafting and interpretation skills.
Working at Binance
• Be a part of the world’s leading blockchain ecosystem that continues to grow and offers excellent career development opportunities
• Work alongside diverse, world-class talent in an environment where learning and growth opportunities are endless
• Tackle fast-paced, challenging and unique projects
• Work in a truly global organization, with international teams and a flat organizational structure
• Competitive salary and benefits
• Balance life and work with flexible working hours and casual work attire
Learn more about how Binancians embody the organization’s core values, creating a unified culture that enables collaboration, excellence, and growth.
Apply today to be a part of the Web3 revolution!
Binance is committed to being an equal opportunity employer. We believe that having a diverse workforce is fundamental to our success.
By submitting a job application, you confirm that you have read and agree to our Candidate Privacy Notice.