Senior Data Engineer - EMEA
Blockchain technology is powering a growing wave of innovation. Businesses and governments around the world are using blockchains to make banking more efficient, connect with their customers, and investigate criminal cases. As adoption of blockchain technology grows, more and more organizations seek access to all this ecosystem has to offer. That’s where Chainalysis comes in. We provide complete knowledge of what’s happening on blockchains through our data, services, and solutions. With Chainalysis, organizations can navigate blockchains safely and with confidence.
The engineering team at Chainalysis is inspired by solving the hardest technical challenges and creating products that build trust in cryptocurrencies. We’re a global organization with teams in the UK, Denmark, and the USA who thrive on the challenging work we do and doing it with other exceptionally talented teammates. Our industry changes every day and our job is to build a flexible platform that will allow us to adapt to those rapid changes.
As a Senior Data Engineer, Investments, you’ll be responsible for building and maintaining the data pipelines for our Market Intelligence product. You are going to build an infrastructure of data intensive pipelines that runs with low latency, choose the technology that powers them, and collaborate closely with our data scientists within the team. You’ll write and maintain ETLs and their orchestration in order to produce meaningful and timely insights for our customers and their businesses. You will have the opportunity to lead the projects as senior engineer and help our customers to understand the market that they are in and help them to make better decisions for their business.
In one year you’ll know you were successful if:
- You’ve worked with other engineering teams to understand their data lifecycle, the right integration points and developed the new iteration of our data engineering stack and data infrastructure.
- You’ve developed and handled scalable data pipelines and built out new integrations with internal and external data sources.
- You’ve maintained optimal data pipeline architecture, including looking for and proposing improvements to the existing architecture.
- Together with the rest of the team, you’ve created scalable, self-healing and robust data pipelines with low latency.
A background like this helps:
- You are excited about Data!
- 5+ years of experience in data engineering, with a focus on designing and implementing data pipelines using orchestration tools like Airflow, Dagster, Prefect.
- Strong experience with Big Data Processing Tools like Databricks, Dremio, Fivetran, Snowflake, dbt, EMR, Athena, Glue and Presto.
- Strong experience with cloud service providers like AWS, GCP or Azure and infrastructure management using Terraform or alternatives such as AWS CloudFormation.
- Experience with implementing observability and monitoring tools such as Humio and Datadog to ensure pipeline health, data quality, and timeliness of data.
- Strong knowledge of data modeling, data architecture, and data governance, like Data Mesh, Data Vault, Star Schema, Kimball and Inmon.
- Proficiency in programming languages such as Python, and SQL.
- Familiarity with big data storage technologies such as Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS), Amazon S3, or Azure Blob Storage, table formats like Iceberg and Delta and file formats like Parquet and Avro.
- Strong understanding of data security and privacy issues and experience implementing data security measures.
- Experience with Agile and working in a collaborative environment with cross-functional teams. Collaborate with data analysts, data scientists, and other stakeholders to understand their data needs and design pipelines to meet those needs.
- Experience working with DevOps methodologies, taking ownership of the CI/CD pipelines and experience using tools such as Github Actions, CircleCI etc.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills to communicate with technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Experience with mentoring junior data engineers and participating in knowledge sharing sessions with other teams.
- Eagerness to be proactive and try out new solutions. Ask for forgiveness, not permission.
- Curious about cryptocurrencies/decentralized-finance or a desire to learn - we can help!
At Chainalysis, we help government agencies, cryptocurrency businesses, and financial institutions track and investigate illicit activity on the blockchain, allowing them to engage confidently with cryptocurrency. We take care of our people with great benefits, professional development opportunities, and fun.
You belong here.
At Chainalysis, we believe that diversity of experience and thought makes us stronger. With both customers and employees around the world, we are committed to ensuring our team reflects the unique communities around us. Some of the ways we’re ensuring we keep learning are an internal Diversity Committee, Days of Reflection throughout the year including International Women’s Day, Harvey Milk Day, World Humanitarian Day, and UN International Migrants Day, and a commitment to continue revisiting and reevaluating our diversity culture.
We encourage applicants across any race, ethnicity, gender/gender expression, age, spirituality, ability, experience and more. Additionally, if you need any accommodations to make our interview process more accessible to you due to a disability, don't hesitate to let us know. You can learn more here. We can’t wait to meet you.
By submitting this application, I consent to and authorize Chainalysis to contact my former employers, and any and all other persons and organizations for information bearing upon my qualifications for employment. I further authorize the listed employers, schools and personal references to give Chainalysis (without further notice to me) any and all information about my previous employment and education, along with other pertinent information they may have, and hereby waive any actions which I may have against either party(ies) for providing a reference. I understand any future employment will be contingent on the Company receiving satisfactory employment references.
Something looks off?