All roles with Chainlink Labs are global and remote-based. Unless otherwise stated, we ask that you try to overlap some working hours with Eastern Standard Time (EST). We encourage you to apply regardless of your location.
Chainlink is the industry-standard Web3 services platform that enables developers to build feature-rich Web3 applications with seamless access to real-world data and off-chain computation.
• Chainlink has helped enable $7T+ in transaction value since the start of 2022.
• Over 1,700 Web3 projects have integrated Chainlink services.
• Chainlink is live on 15+ blockchains with many having joined the Chainlink SCALE program.
• Chainlink is relied upon by industry-leading protocols like Aave, Compound, Paxos, Synthetix, and ENS.
• Chainlink has delivered 7.4B+ data points on-chain and onboarded 900+ decentralized oracle networks.
• Chainlink has established collaborations with Associated Press, Accuweather, AWS, Google Cloud, Meta, and Twilio.
• The world-class Chainlink Labs research team has won various awards for its work on distributed systems, security, and more.
Who we’re looking for:
• You’re focused on what matters most and ignore unimportant industry distractions.
• You take extreme ownership and deliver outstanding results.
• You have a growth mindset, seek out feedback and engage in constructive dialogue with others to help them grow.
• You move fast and evolve with rapidly advancing technologies.
• You want to be part of a team that excels and is committed to building the Chainlink Network and growing the Web3 ecosystem over the long term.
• You are welcoming toward a diverse network of participants joining an open, global standard.
• You’re excited about the future of Web3 and building a world powered by cryptographic truth.
Chainlink Labs is seeking Research Engineers to support its mission of building the world’s most secure and flexible decentralized oracle technologies. Research Engineers will work directly with top domain experts in applied cryptography, mechanism design (crypto economics), distributed systems, and other disciplines to identify and solve key research challenges and build production solutions that keep Chainlink at the forefront of oracle system deployment and fuel the success of the smart contract ecosystem.
- Working with Chainlink core engineering to identify short- and long-term research challenges critical to the company’s success and to transition innovations from Chainlink Labs into production.
- Working with research scientists and technical advisors to study, invent, and build cutting-edge oracle technologies for the benefit of the company and community.
- Staying abreast of the evolution of relevant technology ecosystems and participating in relevant technical communities for more effective application development and to guide research toward practical and impactful work.
- B.S. in computer science or equivalent professional experience along with coursework in algorithms and data structures and discrete math.
- Familiarity with academic process and ability to engage with existing literature on relevant research topics, e.g. by performing literature searches and comprehending papers in a wider context.
- Professional software development experience is required.
- Advanced computer science or related degree, coursework in applied and theoretical cryptography, mechanism design, distributed systems, or related fields.
- Familiarity with Go or Rust.
- Broad knowledge of blockchain technologies and familiarity specifically with smart contracts.
- We use Go, Typescript, Solidity, Python, LATEX, git, and Linux/Unix.
Smart contracts are on track to revolutionize how all agreements work, through an entirely new system of technologically enforced contract guarantees. Chainlink enables next-generation smart contracts that can be written about any/all events in the real world, the details of our approach can be found in our whitepaper. We are well recognized for providing highly secure and reliable blockchain connectivity to the world's largest enterprises such as Google, Oracle, SWIFT, and many more.
Chainlink Labs is an equal opportunity employer
Chainlink Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer. To request an accommodation in our recruitment process, please contact us at [email hidden].
Something looks off?