Application Development Manager
CLS is the trusted party at the centre of the global FX ecosystem. Utilized by thousands of counterparties, CLS makes FX safer, smoother and more cost effective. Trillions of dollars’ worth of currency flows through our systems each day.
Created by the market for the market, our unrivalled global settlement infrastructure reduces systemic risk and provides standardization for participants in many of the world’s most actively traded currencies. We deliver huge efficiencies and savings for our clients: in fact, our approach to multilateral netting shrinks funding requirements by over 96% on average, so clients can put their capital and resources to better use.
CLS products are designed to enable clients to manage risk most effectively across the full FX lifecycle – whether through more efficient processing tools or market intelligence derived from the largest single source of FX executed data available to the market.
Our ambition to make a positive difference starts with our people. Our values – Protect, Improve, Grow – underpin everything that we do at CLS and define and shape a supportive and inclusive working environment in which everyone is encouraged to be open and forward-thinking.
CLS helps clients navigate the changing FX marketplace – reducing risk and creating efficiencies. Our extensive network and deep market intelligence enable CLS specialists to lead the development of standardized solutions to real market problems. Our innovative, forward-looking products make the trading process faster, easier, safer
and more cost-effective – empowering our clients’ success.
Application Development Manager
No. of direct reports
Essential Function / major duties and responsibilities of the job
· Application Development manager to ensure technology program objectives are delivered by maintaining the SDLC standards defined by audit and regulatory guidelines.
· Collaborate with technology stakeholders such as AD peers for code review, architecture for design, Global Testing Team for validation and IT security for code scan and Penetration Test coordination.
· Tracking, reporting, and maintaining corrective action plan for incident/issues/outages that get escalated to Level 3.
· Change Management function to ensure new changes across the various release environments have met all the requirements that has been defined by the CLS SDLC guidelines to clear the gates to enter the relevant phase.
· Plan and implement continuous process improvement across AD, engineering and support functions that aid in smooth operation of the service.
· Functionally manage a team of developers (offshore and/or onshore) and take lead in all stages of SDLC analysis to implement new functionality for various improvements in the services or applications,
· Identify gaps in service monitoring; incident resolution technique; plan, implement and coordinate changes to remediate them.
· Work closely with the Development, QA and Project Management teams for change management function that directly impacts operations of the service and/or application.
· Oversee technical documents and user guides to accurately represent application changes
· Provide design and implementation guidance and train team members in best practices and quality improvement.
· Partner effectively with cross-functional teams to ensure all stakeholder expectations are managed.
· Application Development manager in technology with proven track record in building, supporting, and enhancing mission critical systems in the financial/banking domain.
· Proficient in applications/services hosted on Public Cloud like AWS
· Full SDLC experience (design through delivery and support) of medium to large scale projects in any management capacity
· Demonstrated quantifiable results by developing and improving standards, practices, and service procedures.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities / competencies required for successful job performance
· Application Development experience with strong proficiency in Microsoft Development platforms like .NET and C Sharp language.
· High Proficiency in building back-end Services to Support web-applications using Windows Services. Knowledge of Multi-threading/concurrency is a big Plus.
· High Proficiency in working with Relational Databases like SQL Server including working with Stored Procedures, Triggers, Query optimization and Entity Framework.
· Proficiency in building thick-client applications using WinForms and custom UI controls like Telerik and reporting tools like Crystal Reports.
· Knowledge and familiarity with Secure Coding practices, OWASP guidelines for web applications.
· Familiarity with deploying applications and services hosted on AWS or other cloud platforms
· High attention to detail with excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills for incident resolution.
· Working experience or familiarity with Biztalk orchestration is a big Plus.
· Familiarity or experience in building JAVA based applications or JDK knowledge is a big Plus.
Success factors / ‘How’. Personal characteristics contributing to an individual’s ability to excel in the position
Our commitment to employees
At CLS, we celebrate diversity and consider this to be one of our strongest assets. We are committed to fostering an environment in which everyone feels comfortable to be who they are, and inclusion is valued. All employees have access to our inclusive benefits, including:
- Holiday - UK/Asia: 25 holiday days and 3 ‘life days’ (in addition to bank holidays). US: 23 holiday days.
- 2 paid volunteer days so that you can actively support causes within your community that are important to you.
- Generous parental leave policies to ensure you can enjoy valuable time with your family.
- Parental transition coaching programmes and support services.
- Wellbeing and mental health support resources to ensure you are looking after yourself, and able to support others.
- Affinity Groups (including our Women’s Forum, Black Employee Network and Pride Network) in support of our organisational commitment to embrace and always be learning more about DE&I.
- Hybrid working to promote a healthy work/life balance, enabling employees to work collaboratively in the office when needed and work from home when they don’t.
- Active support of flexible working for all employees where possible.
- Monthly ‘Heads Down Days’ with no meetings across the whole company.
- Generous non-contributory pension provision for UK/Asia employees, and 401K match from CLS for US employees.
- Private medical insurance and dental coverage.
- Social events that give you opportunities to meet new people and broaden your network across the organisation.
- Annual flu vaccinations.
- Discounts and savings and cashback across a wide range of categories including health and retail for UK employees.
- Discounted Gym membership – Complete Body Gym Discount/Sweat equity program for US employees.
- All employees have access to Discover – our comprehensive learning platform with 1000+ courses from LinkedIn Learning.
- Access to frequent development sessions on a number of topics to help you be successful and develop your career at CLS.
Something looks off?