CLS is the trusted party at the centre of the global FX ecosystem. Utilized by thousands of counterparties, CLS makes FX safer, smoother and more cost effective. Trillions of dollars’ worth of currency flows through our systems each day.
Created by the market for the market, our unrivalled global settlement infrastructure reduces systemic risk and provides standardization for participants in many of the world’s most actively traded currencies. We deliver huge efficiencies and savings for our clients: in fact, our approach to multilateral netting shrinks funding requirements by over 96% on average, so clients can put their capital and resources to better use.
CLS products are designed to enable clients to manage risk most effectively across the full FX lifecycle – whether through more efficient processing tools or market intelligence derived from the largest single source of FX executed data available to the market.
Our ambition to make a positive difference starts with our people. Our values – Protect, Improve, Grow – underpin everything that we do at CLS and define and shape a supportive and inclusive working environment in which everyone is encouraged to be open and forward-thinking.
CLS helps clients navigate the changing FX marketplace – reducing risk and creating efficiencies. Our extensive network and deep market intelligence enable CLS specialists to lead the development of standardized solutions to real market problems. Our innovative, forward-looking products make the trading process faster, easier, safer
and more cost-effective – empowering our clients’ success.
Cloud IT Architect
Technology & Operations
No. of direct reports
To act as a Cloud IT Architect on a variety of internal and external IT delivery projects. Key responsibilities include:
· Produce high quality High Level Design documentation describing technical systems solutions, providing overall design direction and recommendations for resolution of complex technical issues
· Provide technical leadership and direction to the IT delivery and test teams throughout implementation phases
· Support the Enterprise Architects in the development of infrastructure road maps to support the evolution of the technical and digital portfolios from current to future state
Key knowledge, skills and experience required for the role:
· Experience with AWS Cloud, Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a service; micro-services architecture and Cloud architecture models is required.
· Experience in designing, integrating and managing end-to-end solutions for multi layered applications on an AWS stacks is required.
· 2+ Years in Architecture experience on AWS Cloud Platform
· AWS Solution Architect certification is required.
· Strong understanding of information processing principles and practices.
· Continually be seeking to identify and recommend areas of improvement in our solutions, technology stacks, SDLC and development processes to make them better.
· Experience in systems and network design and development.
· Knowledge of networking, storage and server hardware configuration and design is preferred.
Additionally the successful candidate will demonstrate the following personal characteristics:
· Possess strong interpersonal and influencing skills with good stakeholder engagement
· Effectively communicates to diverse technical and nontechnical audiences, including developers, technical leads, peer architects and delivery owners.
· Excellent analytical and communication skills
· Leadership, stakeholder management and line management skills
· Ability to work on complex projects with globally distributed teams and tight timelines
Qualifications / certifications
· Bachelor and/or Master’s Degree in Business, Finance, Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
· Relevant IT Architecture certification (TOGAF, AWS) or accreditations (BCS) beneficial.
Our commitment to employees
At CLS, we celebrate diversity and consider this to be one of our strongest assets. We are committed to fostering an environment in which everyone feels comfortable to be who they are, and inclusion is valued. All employees have access to our inclusive benefits, including:
- Holiday - UK/Asia: 25 holiday days and 3 ‘life days’ (in addition to bank holidays). US: 23 holiday days.
- 2 paid volunteer days so that you can actively support causes within your community that are important to you.
- Generous parental leave policies to ensure you can enjoy valuable time with your family.
- Parental transition coaching programmes and support services.
- Wellbeing and mental health support resources to ensure you are looking after yourself, and able to support others.
- Affinity Groups (including our Women’s Forum, Black Employee Network and Pride Network) in support of our organisational commitment to embrace and always be learning more about DE&I.
- Hybrid working to promote a healthy work/life balance, enabling employees to work collaboratively in the office when needed and work from home when they don’t.
- Active support of flexible working for all employees where possible.
- Monthly ‘Heads Down Days’ with no meetings across the whole company.
- Generous non-contributory pension provision for UK/Asia employees, and 401K match from CLS for US employees.
- Private medical insurance and dental coverage.
- Social events that give you opportunities to meet new people and broaden your network across the organisation.
- Annual flu vaccinations.
- Discounts and savings and cashback across a wide range of categories including health and retail for UK employees.
- Discounted Gym membership – Complete Body Gym Discount/Sweat equity program for US employees.
- All employees have access to Discover – our comprehensive learning platform with 1000+ courses from LinkedIn Learning.
- Access to frequent development sessions on a number of topics to help you be successful and develop your career at CLS.
Something looks off?