Liquidity Risk Manager
CLS is the trusted party at the centre of the global FX ecosystem. Utilized by thousands of counterparties, CLS makes FX safer, smoother and more cost effective. Trillions of dollars’ worth of currency flows through our systems each day.
Created by the market for the market, our unrivalled global settlement infrastructure reduces systemic risk and provides standardization for participants in many of the world’s most actively traded currencies. We deliver huge efficiencies and savings for our clients: in fact, our approach to multilateral netting shrinks funding requirements by over 96% on average, so clients can put their capital and resources to better use.
CLS products are designed to enable clients to manage risk most effectively across the full FX lifecycle – whether through more efficient processing tools or market intelligence derived from the largest single source of FX executed data available to the market.
Our ambition to make a positive difference starts with our people. Our values – Protect, Improve, Grow – underpin everything that we do at CLS and define and shape a supportive and inclusive working environment in which everyone is encouraged to be open and forward-thinking.
Manage the assessment of risk impact and benefits in offering CLS new initiatives and on-boarding new members and currencies. Perform liquidity risk analysis for market events affecting CLSSettlement. Conduct stress testing for enhanced risk monitoring and mitigation.
- Ensure CLS meets increasing internal and regulatory demand for liquidity risk analysis for offering new products and services; and onboarding new members and currencies as part of CLSSettlement participation expansion.
- Ensure daily CLSSettlement stress testing is performed to assess the impact of potential member pay-in failures for heightened settlement monitoring and mitigation, and regulatory reporting as part of RegHH requirement.
- Ensure adequate liquidity and market risk assessment if performed in response to market events that may affect CLSSettlement.
- Ensure model risk management governance is followed for LMR models in mitigating liquidity and market risks.
- Perform liquidity analysis to assess the risk and benefits as part of CLSSettlement participation expansion and offering new products and services.
- Perform risk impact analysis in response to market and geopolitical events that may affect CLSSettlement
- Perform daily CLSSettlement stress testing as part of rotation with team members as needed
- Perform monthly stress scenarios update
- Perform activities related to model risk management governance for LMR models
- Effectively communicate one’s ideas in a group setting and be able to influence others
- Clearly explain complex concept in simple and direct terms
- Effectively present analysis and findings to senior management and regulators
- Experience working in banking, consulting, or other financial institutions.
Qualifications/Certifications - essential/desired for successful job performance
- MS/MBA degree in finance, economics or quantitative discipline is required
Knowledge, skills and abilities - competencies required for successful job performance
- Strong quantitative skills and experience in financial analytics and risk methodology.
- Strong discipline of vetting own work to deliver high quality work products.
- Possess excellent critical thinking capabilities and problem-solving skills.
- Strong intellectual curiosity.
- Exceptionally detail oriented.
- Solid technical writing skill and strong communication skill.
- Motivated, self-starter, energetic; strive for excellence.
- Be able to act on constructive feedback and in turn provide constructive feedback.
- Ability to work effectively with team members across functional areas.
- Dependable and reliable.
- Conducts oneself in professional and courteous manner.
- Advanced SQL, R, Excel, PowerPoint, Access skills. Python is preferred.
- Proficient in interpreting, manipulating and performing analysis with large amounts of data
Our commitment to employees
At CLS, we celebrate diversity and consider this to be one of our strongest assets. We are committed to fostering an environment in which everyone feels comfortable to be who they are, and inclusion is valued. All employees have access to our inclusive benefits, including:
- Holiday - UK/Asia: 25 holiday days and 3 ‘life days’ (in addition to bank holidays). US: 23 holiday days.
- 2 paid volunteer days so that you can actively support causes within your community that are important to you.
- Generous parental leave policies to ensure you can enjoy valuable time with your family.
- Parental transition coaching programmes and support services.
- Wellbeing and mental health support resources to ensure you are looking after yourself, and able to support others.
- Affinity Groups (including our Women’s Forum, Black Employee Network and Pride Network) in support of our organisational commitment to embrace and always be learning more about DE&I.
- Hybrid working to promote a healthy work/life balance, enabling employees to work collaboratively in the office when needed and work from home when they don’t.
- Active support of flexible working for all employees where possible.
- Monthly ‘Heads Down Days’ with no meetings across the whole company.
- Generous non-contributory pension provision for UK/Asia employees, and 401K match from CLS for US employees.
- Private medical insurance and dental coverage.
- Social events that give you opportunities to meet new people and broaden your network across the organisation.
- Annual flu vaccinations.
- Discounts and savings and cashback across a wide range of categories including health and retail for UK employees.
- Discounted Gym membership – Complete Body Gym Discount/Sweat equity program for US employees.
- All employees have access to Discover – our comprehensive learning platform with 1000+ courses from LinkedIn Learning.
- Access to frequent development sessions on a number of topics to help you be successful and develop your career at CLS.