Application Development Manager—Shared Services
CLS is the trusted party at the centre of the global FX ecosystem. Utilized by thousands of counterparties, CLS makes FX safer, smoother and more cost effective. Trillions of dollars’ worth of currency flows through our systems each day.
Created by the market for the market, our unrivalled global settlement infrastructure reduces systemic risk and provides standardization for participants in many of the world’s most actively traded currencies. We deliver huge efficiencies and savings for our clients: in fact, our approach to multilateral netting shrinks funding requirements by over 96% on average, so clients can put their capital and resources to better use.
CLS products are designed to enable clients to manage risk most effectively across the full FX lifecycle – whether through more efficient processing tools or market intelligence derived from the largest single source of FX executed data available to the market.
Our ambition to make a positive difference starts with our people. Our values – Protect, Improve, Grow – underpin everything that we do at CLS and define and shape a supportive and inclusive working environment in which everyone is encouraged to be open and forward-thinking.
26 April 2023
CLS helps clients navigate the changing FX marketplace – reducing risk and creating efficiencies. Our extensive network and deep market intelligence enable CLS specialists to lead the development of standardized solutions to real market problems. Our innovative, forward-looking products make the trading process faster, easier, safer
and more cost-effective – empowering our clients’ success.
Application Development Manager—Shared Services
No. of direct reports
This position is with the CLS Technology. The primary responsibilities of the job will be
a) Implementation (configuration, enhancements, and customization) of third party off the shelf software packages to support CLS settlement platform
b) Define and own implementation roadmap for third party packages, liaise with third party vendor to own technical issues
c) Level 3 support
d) End-to-end application delivery and systems integration
e) Work with CLS vendors in getting the software implemented in various environments
Essential Function / Major duties and Responsibilities of the job
- Project Activities: Take responsibility of the project development activities. These include:
- Review requirements, high level designs
- Create detailed design documentation
- Provide resource and development effort estimation
- Act as vendor liaison for technical capabilities
- Participate in planning activities and provide technical input
- Ensure software development practices are adhered to e.g. unit testing, component integration testing etc.
- Implementation of enhancements across various off the shelf software packages that support CLS’ core FX settlement applications
- Identify and escalate Risks / Issues / Dependencies
- Liaise with project stakeholders (internal to CLS and third party) to address issues e.g. knowledge gaps, queries and any other such dependencies
- Attend / arrange meetings, workshops
- support nonproduction environment deployments and cutovers
- Enhancing/improving development practices
- Test automation
- Improving build processes
- Contributing to knowledge repositories
- Level 3 Support: Provide Level 3 support for implemented solution
Experience / Essential and desired for successful job performance
· Interested to work in application software & support delivery under strong SDLC, project governance, and regulatory oversight
· Experience in one of the following technical domains:
o Any industry standard messaging protocols like FIX Protocol, ISO20022, TIBCO messaging, InterAct/FileAct. Or messaging standards experience from other industries – like Logistics, Healthcare, Social Media
o Or developing any type of payment systems
o Or administering and working with any enterprise identity management software
o Or implementing any Anti Money Laundering product
· 5+ years of experience in software development
· 2+ years of development experience with python or Perl or Java
· 2+ years of Messaging protocols/Products: SWIFT packages (SAA, MFP, TDA or AMH)
· Experienced in SDLC
· Financial industry experience preferably payments processing, Foreign Exchange business domain
· Experience with at least with one of the following products in technical domains listed above
o Payment Products: RTGS connectivity packages (PayPlus, GM Plus, SAA or AMH)
o Enterprise identity management software ISAM
o AML products: NetReveal or Hotscan
· Familiarity with Dev Ops processes
· Working with vendor and technical product management
· Working across multiple time zones
Qualifications / Certifications
• Bachelor’s Degree
Success factors / Personal characteristics contributing to an individual’s ability to excel in the position
- Have strong analytical, written, and oral communication skills with a high self-motivation factor
- Possess excellent organization skills to manage multiple tasks in parallel
- Be a team player
- Ability to work on complex projects with globally distributed teams and manage tight delivery timelines
- Ability to smoothly handle high stress application development and support environments
- Strive continuously to improve stakeholder management for end-to-end application delivery and support with clear written and verbal communication
Our commitment to employees
At CLS, we celebrate diversity and consider this to be one of our strongest assets. We are committed to fostering an environment in which everyone feels comfortable to be who they are, and inclusion is valued. All employees have access to our inclusive benefits, including:
- Holiday - UK/Asia: 25 holiday days and 3 ‘life days’ (in addition to bank holidays). US: 23 holiday days.
- 2 paid volunteer days so that you can actively support causes within your community that are important to you.
- Generous parental leave policies to ensure you can enjoy valuable time with your family.
- Parental transition coaching programmes and support services.
- Wellbeing and mental health support resources to ensure you are looking after yourself, and able to support others.
- Affinity Groups (including our Women’s Forum, Black Employee Network and Pride Network) in support of our organisational commitment to embrace and always be learning more about DE&I.
- Hybrid working to promote a healthy work/life balance, enabling employees to work collaboratively in the office when needed and work from home when they don’t.
- Active support of flexible working for all employees where possible.
- Monthly ‘Heads Down Days’ with no meetings across the whole company.
- Generous non-contributory pension provision for UK/Asia employees, and 401K match from CLS for US employees.
- Private medical insurance and dental coverage.
- Social events that give you opportunities to meet new people and broaden your network across the organisation.
- Annual flu vaccinations.
- Discounts and savings and cashback across a wide range of categories including health and retail for UK employees.
- Discounted Gym membership – Complete Body Gym Discount/Sweat equity program for US employees.
- All employees have access to Discover – our comprehensive learning platform with 1000+ courses from LinkedIn Learning.
- Access to frequent development sessions on a number of topics to help you be successful and develop your career at CLS.