Senior Java Developer
CLS is the trusted party at the centre of the global FX ecosystem. Utilized by thousands of counterparties, CLS makes FX safer, smoother and more cost effective. Trillions of dollars’ worth of currency flows through our systems each day.
Created by the market for the market, our unrivalled global settlement infrastructure reduces systemic risk and provides standardization for participants in many of the world’s most actively traded currencies. We deliver huge efficiencies and savings for our clients: in fact, our approach to multilateral netting shrinks funding requirements by over 96% on average, so clients can put their capital and resources to better use.
CLS products are designed to enable clients to manage risk most effectively across the full FX lifecycle – whether through more efficient processing tools or market intelligence derived from the largest single source of FX executed data available to the market.
Our ambition to make a positive difference starts with our people. Our values – Protect, Improve, Grow – underpin everything that we do at CLS and define and shape a supportive and inclusive working environment in which everyone is encouraged to be open and forward-thinking.
Senior Java Developer in the CLS development team supporting the IBS platform.
Major duties and responsibilities of the job
For the various projects under progress:
· Design and develop Web applications/Server-Side applications to meet complex business requirements
· Participate, contribute, assimilate, and provide opinion on changes, enhancements and design being done to the project.
· Requirement gathering and understanding, analyze and convert functional requirements into concrete technical tasks and able to provide reasonable effort estimates.
· Work proactively, independently and with global teams to address project requirements.
· Code and Test cases reviews and ensure code developed meets the requirements.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Competencies required for successful job performance
· Should be strong in Web Technologies.
· Good understanding of the Server-Side technologies is plus.
· The ability to analyze the various quality dimensions including performance, reliability and resilience, cyber security, and design and implement improvements to meet them.
· Should have very up-to-date knowledge of latest technologies, technology trends, and third-party solutions.
· Should have excellent analytical and communication skills
· Ability to work on complex projects with globally distributed teams and tight timelines
Experience, education, and any certifications as necessary for successful job performance
Experience, education and any certifications as necessary for successful job performance
| || |
| || |
Personal characteristics contributing to an individual's ability to excel in the position
· Strong communication skills (both verbal and written)
· Ability to work with and motivate diverse, globally distributed teams
Our commitment to employees
At CLS, we celebrate diversity and consider this to be one of our strongest assets. We are committed to fostering an environment in which everyone feels comfortable to be who they are, and inclusion is valued. All employees have access to our inclusive benefits, including:
- Holiday - UK/Asia: 25 holiday days and 3 ‘life days’ (in addition to bank holidays). US: 23 holiday days.
- 2 paid volunteer days so that you can actively support causes within your community that are important to you.
- Generous parental leave policies to ensure you can enjoy valuable time with your family.
- Parental transition coaching programmes and support services.
- Wellbeing and mental health support resources to ensure you are looking after yourself, and able to support others.
- Affinity Groups (including our Women’s Forum, Black Employee Network and Pride Network) in support of our organisational commitment to embrace and always be learning more about DE&I.
- Hybrid working to promote a healthy work/life balance, enabling employees to work collaboratively in the office when needed and work from home when they don’t.
- Active support of flexible working for all employees where possible.
- Monthly ‘Heads Down Days’ with no meetings across the whole company.
- Generous non-contributory pension provision for UK/Asia employees, and 401K match from CLS for US employees.
- Private medical insurance and dental coverage.
- Social events that give you opportunities to meet new people and broaden your network across the organisation.
- Annual flu vaccinations.
- Discounts and savings and cashback across a wide range of categories including health and retail for UK employees.
- Discounted Gym membership – Complete Body Gym Discount/Sweat equity program for US employees.
- All employees have access to Discover – our comprehensive learning platform with 1000+ courses from LinkedIn Learning.
- Access to frequent development sessions on a number of topics to help you be successful and develop your career at CLS.