Liquidity Risk Analyst - Contractor
CLS is the trusted party at the centre of the global FX ecosystem. Utilized by thousands of counterparties, CLS makes FX safer, smoother and more cost effective. Trillions of dollars’ worth of currency flows through our systems each day.
Created by the market for the market, our unrivalled global settlement infrastructure reduces systemic risk and provides standardization for participants in many of the world’s most actively traded currencies. We deliver huge efficiencies and savings for our clients: in fact, our approach to multilateral netting shrinks funding requirements by over 96% on average, so clients can put their capital and resources to better use.
CLS products are designed to enable clients to manage risk most effectively across the full FX lifecycle – whether through more efficient processing tools or market intelligence derived from the largest single source of FX executed data available to the market.
Our ambition to make a positive difference starts with our people. Our values – Protect, Improve, Grow – underpin everything that we do at CLS and define and shape a supportive and inclusive working environment in which everyone is encouraged to be open and forward-thinking.
Support the LMR team by performing assigned on-going responsibilities under the supervision of senior members in the team.
Essential Function – major duties and responsibilities of the job
Ensure Model Risk Policy requirements are followed for LMR models in mitigating liquidity and market risks.
Ensure CLS settlement members understand associated liquidity and market risks in the CLSSettlement at platform level and member level.
Perform the following activities, including, but not limited to:
· Conduct on-going model monitoring and enhance model document for the LMR models in accordance with the Model Risk Policy requirements.
· Provide meeting materials for settlement member bilateral meetings to provide an overview of their liquidity impacts under stressed scenarios.
· Prepare materials for reporting and RCSA processes.
Effectively communicate one’s ideas in a group setting and be able to influence others
Clearly explain complex concept in simple and direct terms
Effectively present analysis and findings to the LMR team and senior management
Experience – essential / desired for successful job performance
3-5 years’ work experience in banking, consulting, or other financial institutions; preferred in risk management area.
Qualifications / certifications- essential / desired for successful job performance
MS degree in quantitative discipline, finance or economics is required.
Knowledge, skills and abilities – competencies required for successful job performance
· Strong quantitative skills and experience in financial analytics and risk methodology.
· Strong discipline of vetting own work to deliver high quality work products.
· Possess excellent critical thinking capabilities and problem-solving skills.
· Advanced SQL, R and Excel VBA skills. Knowledge of Python programming is preferred.
· Proficient in interpreting, manipulating and performing analysis with large amounts of data.
Success factors / ‘How’ – personal characteristics contributing to an individual’s ability to excel in the position
· Solid technical writing skill and strong communication skill
· Demonstrate ability to quickly learn new skills/ new concepts
· Be motivated in completing assigned tasks
· Be able to act on constructive feedback and in turn provide constructive feedback
· Ability to work effectively independently or with team members across functional areas
· Always seeking to improve current processes
Our commitment to employees
At CLS, we celebrate diversity and consider this to be one of our strongest assets. We are committed to fostering an environment in which everyone feels comfortable to be who they are, and inclusion is valued. All employees have access to our inclusive benefits, including:
- Holiday - UK/Asia: 25 holiday days and 3 ‘life days’ (in addition to bank holidays). US: 23 holiday days.
- 2 paid volunteer days so that you can actively support causes within your community that are important to you.
- Generous parental leave policies to ensure you can enjoy valuable time with your family.
- Parental transition coaching programmes and support services.
- Wellbeing and mental health support resources to ensure you are looking after yourself, and able to support others.
- Affinity Groups (including our Women’s Forum, Black Employee Network and Pride Network) in support of our organisational commitment to embrace and always be learning more about DE&I.
- Hybrid working to promote a healthy work/life balance, enabling employees to work collaboratively in the office when needed and work from home when they don’t.
- Active support of flexible working for all employees where possible.
- Monthly ‘Heads Down Days’ with no meetings across the whole company.
- Generous non-contributory pension provision for UK/Asia employees, and 401K match from CLS for US employees.
- Private medical insurance and dental coverage.
- Social events that give you opportunities to meet new people and broaden your network across the organisation.
- Annual flu vaccinations.
- Discounts and savings and cashback across a wide range of categories including health and retail for UK employees.
- Discounted Gym membership – Complete Body Gym Discount/Sweat equity program for US employees.
- All employees have access to Discover – our comprehensive learning platform with 1000+ courses from LinkedIn Learning.
- Access to frequent development sessions on a number of topics to help you be successful and develop your career at CLS.