CLS is the trusted party at the centre of the global FX ecosystem. Utilized by thousands of counterparties, CLS makes FX safer, smoother and more cost effective. Trillions of dollars’ worth of currency flows through our systems each day.
Created by the market for the market, our unrivalled global settlement infrastructure reduces systemic risk and provides standardization for participants in many of the world’s most actively traded currencies. We deliver huge efficiencies and savings for our clients: in fact, our approach to multilateral netting shrinks funding requirements by over 96% on average, so clients can put their capital and resources to better use.
CLS products are designed to enable clients to manage risk most effectively across the full FX lifecycle – whether through more efficient processing tools or market intelligence derived from the largest single source of FX executed data available to the market.
Our ambition to make a positive difference starts with our people. Our values – Protect, Improve, Grow – underpin everything that we do at CLS and define and shape a supportive and inclusive working environment in which everyone is encouraged to be open and forward-thinking.
Job purpose - major duties and responsibilities of the job
This position is to support the In-Business Risk & Control (IBR&C) team with improvements to risk, control and remediation processes and performance across the first line divisions by supporting teams in maturing their operational risk and control inventories and improving their remediation performance.
- Assist with, monitor and report on audit issue remediation across the first line divisions, including review of action plans and issue closure documentation for completeness, accuracy and effectiveness and completion of periodic updates in a timely manner.
- Support teams with raising incidents and operational issues and defining appropriate action plans.
- Support teams with completing and evidencing control testing and risk & control self-assessments.
- Act of point of contact for both second and third lines, attending and contributing to relevant internal forums and continuous monitoring sessions.
- Assist in preparing reports and MI for both internal and external audiences.
- Contribute to updates to policies and procedures to respond and adhere to new and existing regulatory guidelines and initiatives.
- Identify opportunities for process improvements to deliver operational efficiencies and greater risk mitigation.
- Lead maturation of risk and control inventories by helping first line teams improve articulation and identify gaps.
- Support IBR&C team in driving the culture of engagement, teamwork and accountability.
Knowledge, skills and abilities - competencies required for successful job performance
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a financial institution with exposure to risk & control and remediation processes.
- Strong reporting skills.
- Ability to operate in an independent manner.
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills, ability to work across business units and departments.
Expected full-time salary range between $160,000 - $190,000 + variable compensation + 401(k) match + benefits. *Note: Disclosure as required by NY Pay Transparency Law of the expected salary compensation range for this role
Our commitment to employees
At CLS, we celebrate diversity and consider this to be one of our strongest assets. We are committed to fostering an environment in which everyone feels comfortable to be who they are, and inclusion is valued. All employees have access to our inclusive benefits, including:
- Holiday - UK/Asia: 25 holiday days and 3 ‘life days’ (in addition to bank holidays). US: 23 holiday days.
- 2 paid volunteer days so that you can actively support causes within your community that are important to you.
- Generous parental leave policies to ensure you can enjoy valuable time with your family.
- Parental transition coaching programmes and support services.
- Wellbeing and mental health support resources to ensure you are looking after yourself, and able to support others.
- Affinity Groups (including our Women’s Forum, Black Employee Network and Pride Network) in support of our organisational commitment to embrace and always be learning more about DE&I.
- Hybrid working to promote a healthy work/life balance, enabling employees to work collaboratively in the office when needed and work from home when they don’t.
- Active support of flexible working for all employees where possible.
- Monthly ‘Heads Down Days’ with no meetings across the whole company.
- Generous non-contributory pension provision for UK/Asia employees, and 401K match from CLS for US employees.
- Private medical insurance and dental coverage.
- Social events that give you opportunities to meet new people and broaden your network across the organisation.
- Annual flu vaccinations.
- Discounts and savings and cashback across a wide range of categories including health and retail for UK employees.
- Discounted Gym membership – Complete Body Gym Discount/Sweat equity program for US employees.
- All employees have access to Discover – our comprehensive learning platform with 1000+ courses from LinkedIn Learning.
- Access to frequent development sessions on a number of topics to help you be successful and develop your career at CLS.