Research Engineer - Arithmetization
Our mission is to unlock the collaborative power of communities by making Web3 universally easy to use, access, and build on
Working with ConsenSys puts you at the forefront of an evolving paradigm, transforming our society for the better. We fundamentally believe blockchain is the next generation of technology that can lay the foundation for a more just and equitable society.
Blockchain tech is just over 10 years old. Ethereum itself is still a toddler and we’re far from reaching our full potential. You’ll get to work on the tools, infrastructure, and apps that scale these platforms to billions of users.
You’ll be constantly exposed to new concepts, ideas, and frameworks from your peers, and as you work on different projects — challenging you to stay at the top of your game. You’ll join a network of entrepreneurs and technologists that reaches the edge of our ecosystem. ConsenSys alumni have moved on to become tech entrepreneurs, CEOs, and team leads at tech companies.
What you'll do:
We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated Research Engineer to work on the development of a compiler that enables the arithmetization of the EVM. As a key member of our team, you will be responsible for researching, designing, and implementing complex algorithms and systems to support the compiler.
- Research and development of a compiler that enables the arithmetization of the EVM
- Design, implement and test new algorithms and systems to support the compiler
- Collaborate with other teams to ensure the compiler is integrated seamlessly into the larger project
- Stay up to date with the latest advances in the field and incorporate new techniques as appropriate
- Communicate and present research results to internal and external stakeholders
- Write technical documentation and publications to share research results
- Strong background in computer science and mathematics, with a focus on compiler construction, cryptography, and blockchain technology
- Strong programming skills, particularly in Golang or Java
- Experience with the EVM and related technologies is a plus
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong ability to work independently and in a team environment
- PhD in Computer Science or related field is preferred
Don't meet all the requirements? Don't sweat it. We’re passionate about building a diverse team of humans and as such, if you think you've got what it takes for our chaotic-but-fun, remote-friendly, start-up environment—apply anyway, detailing your relevant transferable skills in your cover letter. While we have a pretty good idea of what we need, we're ready for you to challenge our thinking on who needs to be in this role.
The salary range for US-based candidates only will be determined throughout the interview process depending on experience and skills. Candidates should anticipate a base salary (not including bonus, equity or other benefits) of $USD[$99,000 - $205,000]
ConsenSys is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. We are committed to ensuring that our technology is made available and accessible to everyone. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. ConsenSys is aware of fraudulent recruitment practices and we encourage all applicants to review our best practices to protect yourself which can be found (https://consensys.net/careers/best-practices-to-avoid-recruitment-fraud/).
Something looks off?