Data Analytics Engineer
Built and led by Dmitry Tokarev, a software and financial engineering specialist, the firm provides a comprehensive suite of custody, trading and settlement solutions that reduce counterparty risk and bring greater capital and operational efficiency to digital asset markets. At the heart of Copper's offering is Multi-Party Computation (MPC) technology – the gold standard in secure custody. Copper’s multi-award winning custody system is unique in that it can be connected to centralised exchanges, DeFi applications and even staking pools without the assets leaving the custody.
Built on top of this state-of-the-art custody, ClearLoop™ is the first solution in the market that overcomes a growing industry challenge; counterparty risk with exchanges. This solution underpins a full prime services offering, connecting global exchanges and enabling customers to trade and settle directly from the safety of their MPC-secured wallets. By reducing settlement time for transfers to a few milliseconds (without blockchain network dependency) and offering enhanced security measures, ClearLoop™ is rapidly reshaping the way asset managers trade and manage capital.
In addition to industry-leading security certifications, Copper has one of the strongest insurance coverages in the industry from an A+ rated insurer, positioning the firm as the partner of choice for institutions seeking to safeguard their assets.
Copper is hiring for an ambitious individual to join the new BI Data function. Having established market-leading products with a large client base since our launch in 2018, we are now focused on developing state-of-the-art Data and Analytics capabilities.
We are looking for a candidate who is equally at ease with the operational aspects of the role as they are championing best practices to deliver the insights required to make data driven decisions. You will play an instrumental role in the implementation of a data warehouse and BI visualisation tool and help refine our data strategy.
This is a key hire for Copper, with the potential to make a significant impact. You will have wide-ranging responsibilities to help us execute on our data strategy.
Key Responsibilities of the role
- Develop BI technical architecture, build data models and strategic data services
- ELT Pipelines
- Engage key stakeholders to explain our capabilities, understand their requirements and manage key relationships through effective communication
- Work in collaboration with the data product lead to promote tools adoption and a strong data culture across the company, through relevant frameworks, processes, and training
Your experience, skills and knowledge
- Previous experience as a data engineer
- Significant data warehousing experience (knowledge of and experience with Kimball Dimensional, Data Vault and other related DW methodologies)
- Experience with data warehouse software (e.g. Snowflake, Google BigQuery, Amazon Redshift)
- Experience working with large datasets, building and optimising pipelines and ETL/ELT workflows
- Experience with ingesting a variety of data frequencies (streaming, batch), formats (json, Parquet, Avro, csv) and schemas (structured, semi-structured, unstructured)
- Expert SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases
- Strong analytic skills
- Knowledge, and adoption, of Data Engineering best practices and standards
- Experience with data tools: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc.
- Code versioning (Github integration and automation)
- Experience with scripting languages such as Python or R
- Working knowledge of message queuing and stream processing
- Experience with Apache Spark or Similar Technologies
- Experience with Agile and Scrum Technologies
- Familiarity with dbt and Airflow is an advantage
- Experience in Data Management and governance
- Experience working in a start-up or scale up environment
- Experience working in the fields of financial technology, traditional financial services, or blockchain/cryptocurrency
The benefits offered
- Holidays: 27 days per annum paid holiday, in addition to bank holidays
- Bupa Private Medical Insurance: Individual cover under Copper’s Employee Healthcare Scheme
- Bupa Dental Insurance: Individual cover under Copper’s Employee Healthcare Scheme
- Pension up to 10% matched Contribution to our Company Pension Scheme via Smart Pensions
- Home Working Energy Support Scheme
- Cycle to Work
- Life Insurance including mental health support & EAP
- Eye Care
- Sponsored Learning and Development opportunities
- Regular company events and social activities
In return for everything you can bring to Copper, we can offer you an exciting, challenging role in a fast-growing and dynamic business, with career opportunities and welcoming working environment.
If you think you have everything we're looking for and more, then we'd love you to apply for the opportunity.
Copper is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and equal opportunities in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. So, bring us your experience, perspectives, and skills. It is in our differences that we will continue to grow and ensure Copper is transforming how institutional investors engage with digital assets. Copper is a Disability Confident Employer, please let us know if you have a disability. If you require us to provide any assistance during the recruitment process, then we would ask you to highlight this to us and we will be happy to accommodate.