Senior Software Engineer - Custody
Built and led by Dmitry Tokarev, a software and financial engineering specialist, the firm provides a comprehensive suite of custody, trading and settlement solutions that reduce counterparty risk and bring greater capital and operational efficiency to digital asset markets. At the heart of Copper's offering is Multi-Party Computation (MPC) technology – the gold standard in secure custody. Copper’s multi-award winning custody system is unique in that it can be connected to centralised exchanges, DeFi applications and even staking pools without the assets leaving the custody.
Built on top of this state-of-the-art custody, ClearLoop™ is the first solution in the market that overcomes a growing industry challenge; counterparty risk with exchanges. This solution underpins a full prime services offering, connecting global exchanges and enabling customers to trade and settle directly from the safety of their MPC-secured wallets. By reducing settlement time for transfers to a few milliseconds (without blockchain network dependency) and offering enhanced security measures, ClearLoop™ is rapidly reshaping the way asset managers trade and manage capital.
In addition to industry-leading security certifications, Copper has one of the strongest insurance coverages in the industry from an A+ rated insurer, positioning the firm as the partner of choice for institutions seeking to safeguard their assets.
Our Engineering team has remained at the forefront of blockchain technology, setting standards for cryptocurrency infrastructure globally since the firm’s inception in 2018.
Research and build new back end microservices that manage business processes related to custody, trading, and settlement of digital assets, as well as building integrations with cryptocurrency exchanges, traditional financial services providers, payment networks and other third parties.
- Participate in all phases of the product and feature development cycle from conceptualization through architecture, build, release, iteration and support
- Build backend services for new features as well as supporting existing product lines
- Manage and build integrations with cryptocurrency exchanges, traditional financial service providers, payment networks and other third parties
- Contribute to code reviews, architectural decisions and agile practices within the team
- Support and solve problems from clients and stakeholders
- Provide mentorship to more junior colleagues
Your experience, skills and knowledge
- Extensive experience building Scala applications or experience with other JVM languages and willingness to learn Scala
- Prior software engineering work experience
- Well-versed with (and committed to) the OOP paradigm and design patterns.
- Familiarity with relational databases such as PostgreSQL
- Experience building and optimizing systems for working with large amounts of data, both at the database level and in interactions between services
- An understanding of the critical importance of unit tests, well-versed and able to build automated tests for server-side code
- An ability to prioritise, distinguish between major and minor issues, and not get hung up on the latter.
- Micro-service architecture experience
- Professional work experience working on blockchain development (cryptocurrency wallets, blockchain data processing and analysis, DeFi protocols etc.).
- Knowledge and experience with cryptographic primitives: encryption and hash functions, public-key and elliptic curve cryptography.
The benefits offered
- Holidays: 27 days per annum paid holiday, in addition to bank holidays
- Bupa Private Medical Insurance: Individual cover under Copper’s Employee Healthcare Scheme
- Bupa Dental Insurance: Individual cover under Copper’s Employee Healthcare Scheme
- Pension up to 10% matched Contribution to our Company Pension Scheme via Smart Pensions
- Home Working Energy Support Scheme
- Cycle to Work
- Life Insurance including mental health support & EAP
- Eye Care
- Sponsored Learning and Development opportunities
- Regular company events and social activities
In return for everything you can bring to Copper, we can offer you an exciting, challenging role in a fast-growing and dynamic business, with career opportunities and welcoming working environment.
If you think you have everything we're looking for and more, then we'd love you to apply for the opportunity.
Copper is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and equal opportunities in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. So, bring us your experience, perspectives, and skills. It is in our differences that we will continue to grow and ensure Copper is transforming how institutional investors engage with digital assets. Copper is a Disability Confident Employer, please let us know if you have a disability. If you require us to provide any assistance during the recruitment process, then we would ask you to highlight this to us and we will be happy to accommodate.