Application Support Engineer
Software Engineering, Customer Service
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, August 11, 2023
- Ensure maximum uptime for multiple production systems
- Provide L1/L2 application production support to users for trading, data processing, and IT operations
- Provide weekend support in a rotational basis and occasional public holiday support Manage, own and frequently follow-up incidents and requests raised to the team.
- Monitor and follow up critical system alerts; perform initial diagnosis and potential fix and escalate to the right teams.
- Assume the role of major incident manager upon major incidents, focusing on coordinating efforts, seeking updates from fellow tech teammates and providing timely updates to all stakeholders.
- Perform system operation and administration tasks, including checking and monitor multiple systems performance on a daily basis
- Work closely with internal users and external vendors to investigate and resolve production system issues, and communicate system enhancement /bug fix requirements to multiple engineering teams
- Help the team manager to refine and streamline day to day operations via automations Help the team manager to define work rosters, schedules and other managerial tasks.
- Help the team manager to formulate and continuously improve the team’s way of working.
- Work to comply with SLA and OLA
- Hands-on for incident management, change management and response management and writing RCA reports.
- Document knowledge articles and manage the team's knowledge base; share and promote overall knowledge level
- Provide support in non-office hours during emergency situations.
- Coordinate between product and development teams to ensure effective delivery of supporting services to the end-user
- Stay abreast of the latest technology and trends
- Very strong sense of self-discipline, responsibility and integrity.
- A strong interest in working in crypto technology and financial environments.
- 5-10 years of experience in application support or application development. More experienced candidates will be offered the role of senior support engineer.
- 3-7 years of experience in supporting an exchange / high frequency / low latency trading platforms.
- Proficient in English language; Chinese language is helpful but not a must.
- Very strong team player and ability to proactively manage self and team's work with little supervision; high sense of responsibility and integrity.
- Proficient in Database queries
- Knowledge in shell scripting and basic linux commands.
- Good knowledge in formal and practical production support model
- Experience with ITSM platforms like Jira, ServiceNow, etc.
- Excellent problem solving skill with a keen eye for detail.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent time management ability and self organised and motivated.
- Familiar with agile methodologies Familiar with operations under Linux environment
- Familiar with relational databases concepts
Preferred Technical Skills
- For the role of senior support engineer, team leading and management experience would be an advantage.
- Support experience in applications on Linux environment and cloud computing
- Good understanding of the ITIL V3/4 framework is highly preferred Understanding of AWS / Kubernetes is a plus
- Knowledge of Redis and log queries is a plus Experience administering multiple monitoring systems such as Datadog, NewRelic, Kubernetes, Grafana and Elastic Cloud
- Strong Experience with Cloud Computing, AWS, Microservices Architecture, Unix and Linux Systems
- Experience coding in Ruby, Python, Java and/or GoLang would be a plus
Life @ Crypto.com
Empowered to think big. Try new opportunities while working with a talented, ambitious and supportive team.
Transformational and proactive working environment. Empower employees to find thoughtful and innovative solutions.
Growth from within. We help to develop new skill-sets that would impact the shaping of your personal and professional growth.
Work Culture. Our colleagues are some of the best in the industry; we are all here to help and support one another.
One cohesive team. Engage stakeholders to achieve our ultimate goal - Cryptocurrency in every wallet.
Are you ready to kickstart your future with us?
Attractive annual leave entitlement including: birthday, work anniversary
Work Flexibility Adoption. Flexi-work hour and hybrid or remote set-up
Aspire career alternatives through us. Our internal mobility program can offer employees a diverse scope.
Work Perks: crypto.com visa card provided upon joining
Our Crypto.com benefits packages vary depending on region requirements, you can learn more from our talent acquisition team.
Founded in 2016, Crypto.com serves more than 80 million customers and is the world's fastest growing global cryptocurrency platform. Our vision is simple: Cryptocurrency in Every Wallet™. Built on a foundation of security, privacy, and compliance, Crypto.com is committed to accelerating the adoption of cryptocurrency through innovation and empowering the next generation of builders, creators, and entrepreneurs to develop a fairer and more equitable digital ecosystem.
Learn more at https://crypto.com.
Crypto.com is an equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating an environment where opportunities are presented to everyone in a fair and transparent way. Crypto.com values diversity and inclusion, seeking candidates with a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills that complement and strengthen our team.
Personal data provided by applicants will be used for recruitment purposes only.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.