Employment Counsel - EU
St Julian's, Malta
Posted on Saturday, November 18, 2023
The Legal team provides legal and regulatory advice to ensure that all CDC products and services are compliant per local regulations while also meeting the needs of CDC customers. The team interfaces externally with regulators and service providers to safeguard CDC from legal liabilities. Focus areas include Commercial and Regulatory/ Product.
Commercial team focuses on dealing with complex and general external commercial matters, facilitating deals, negotiation and commercial transactions; handling dispute matters with customers and other external parties; and privacy matters, including Legal Enforcement Requests and general requests for information from external parties; the role will also be dealing with other day-to-day corporate matters, including NDA Agreements, SaaS Agreements, Licensing Agreements, Service Agreements.
Regulatory/Product team provides proactive and solution-oriented legal and regulatory advice and guidance to multiple stakeholders to enable the development and launch of Crypto products and services in a way that meets our obligations as well as the needs of our customers. Work cross-functionally to identify, analyze, and mitigate legal and regulatory risks (while maximizing commercial opportunities) related to the introduction of new products and services. Also represents Crypto.com on a variety of topics before federal and state regulators, financial partners, and other external audiences
- You will be part of the Crypto.com corporate legal team handling global employment matters (contentious and non-contentious) with a focus on Europe (including the United Kingdom)
- Drafting, reviewing, and updating employment agreements, incentive agreements and other legal documentation
- Work with external counsels to ensure our employment arrangements comply with local labour laws in jurisdictions where we operate
- Coordinate with internal or external tax advisors to provide employment-related tax advises
- Advising on issues such as compensation, incentives, share schemes, regulatory changes, discipline and exitsYou may be expected to assist on other corporate legal matters from time to time, including intellectual properties, general procurement, and data protection, if needed, but you are not expected to be an expert in these areas
- Qualified/licensed lawyer with at least 3 years of experience in legal employment work handling non-contentious and contentious employment issues in a major law firm, large multi-national corporation or equivalent
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills
- Ideally experience of handling international labour and employment issues
- Strong organisational/project management skills, ability to handle high volume and balance competing demands
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with stakeholders
- Willingness to accommodate calls and meetings with different time zones when required
- Able to identify problems, issues and able to propose solutions
Life @ Crypto.com
Empowered to think big. Try new opportunities while working with a talented, ambitious and supportive team.
Transformational and proactive working environment. Elevate employees to find thoughtful and innovative solutions.
Growth from within. We help to develop new skill-sets that would impact the shaping of your personal and professional growth.
Work Culture. Our colleagues are some of the best in the industry; we are all here to help and support one another.
One cohesive team. Engage stakeholders to achieve our ultimate goal - Cryptocurrency in every wallet.
Are you ready to kickstart your future with us?
Medical insurance package with extended coverage to dependents
Attractive annual leave entitlement including: birthday, work anniversary
Work Flexibility Adoption. Flexi-work hour and hybrid or remote set-up
Aspire career alternatives through us. Our internal mobility program can offer employees a diverse scope.
Work Perks: crypto.com visa card provided upon joining
Our Crypto.com benefits packages vary depending on region requirements, you can learn more from our talent acquisition team.
Founded in 2016, Crypto.com serves more than 80 million customers and is the world's fastest growing global cryptocurrency platform. Our vision is simple: Cryptocurrency in Every Wallet™. Built on a foundation of security, privacy, and compliance, Crypto.com is committed to accelerating the adoption of cryptocurrency through innovation and empowering the next generation of builders, creators, and entrepreneurs to develop a fairer and more equitable digital ecosystem.
Learn more at https://crypto.com.
Crypto.com is an equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating an environment where opportunities are presented to everyone in a fair and transparent way. Crypto.com values diversity and inclusion, seeking candidates with a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills that complement and strengthen our team.
Personal data provided by applicants will be used for recruitment purposes only.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.