VP of Engineering - Crystal Blockchain (Remote)
Crystal is the world-leading all-in-one blockchain analytics tool for crypto AML compliance, providing blockchain analytics and crypto transaction monitoring for thousands of cryptos in real-time.
Designed for law enforcement and financial institutions, Crystal provides a comprehensive view of the public blockchain ecosystem and uses advanced analytics and data scraping to map suspicious transactions and related entities.
Whether it is tracking a bitcoin transaction to a real-world entity, determining relationships between known criminal actors, or surveying suspicious online behavior, Crystal can help move your investigation forward.
To learn more, visit:
Crystal is seeking a forward-thinking VP of Engineering to lead its global software development team and expand the reach of the fastest growing blockchain analytics organisation.
As a key member of the Crystal’s senior management team, the VP of Engineering sets direction for SW development strategy, establishes key performance indicators to measure success and ensures alignment of all Crystal SW development operations globally.
The VP of Engineering must have vision, a deep understanding of blockchain and regtech markets and how they are changing. They must be able to engage and influence both internal and external stakeholders in support of Crystal’s mission to advance the power of transparency and auditability.
Crystal Blockchain is a SaaS technology startup which is determined by a high degree of personal responsibility for efficacy and efficiency. We are seeking an experienced professional who can build a team based on these principles and implement processes which make a difference.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Grow and manage a world-class engineering team in a fast growing, deeply technical, successful scale-up.
- Find, inspire, motivate and retain top engineering talent.
- Develop secure and high-quality production code, and review and debug code written by others.
- Drive decisions that influence the product design, application functionality, and technical operations and processes.
- Serve as a function-wide subject matter expert in one or more areas of focus.
- Work closely with product managers to ensure we deliver best-in-class products and overcome technical barriers.
- Develop standards and procedures to ensure that quality standards are met and consistent. Create quarterly OKRs for the division.
- Clearly communicate technical challenges, roadmaps, priorities, and decisions across a wide spectrum of audiences from engineers to product managers, growth teams, and executive teams.
- Be hands-on: establish best practice through leading by example.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field. Master's degree is a plus.
- Extensive experience in software engineering, with at least 5 years in a leadership role.
- Experience in incident management and prevention – lessons learned and a best practice approach with proven results.
- Strong understanding of computer science fundamentals (data structures, algorithms, optimisation) and Software Engineering (OOP, design, architecture, etc).
- Experience in software development using Python.
- Solid knowledge of SQL, database design and query optimisation.
- Experience building ETL processes and APIs, continuous integration tools.
- Experience with container tools and orchestration systems (docker, kubernetes).
- Experience in the development of big data, micro-services and distributed systems.
- Extensive experience designing and developing software with a proven track record on SDLC work and best development practices.
- Experience in financial and resource planning.
- Exceptional communication skills, customer focus and necessary expertise in formal and informal testing techniques as well as quality measurement.
- Proven ability to lead, motivate an educate cross-functional teams.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Experience in agile/scrum methodology.
Something looks off?