Accounting & Reporting Advisory IPO/SPAC Execution Services Manager
We are in the process of expanding Deloitte’s Accounting and Reporting Advisory practice within the IPO/ SPAC (Special Purpose Acquisition Company) Execution Services offering. Preparing to go public via an IPO or a SPAC merger can be a complex and time-consuming process, and companies must address financial reporting, technical accounting, internal controls, systems, and auditing considerations to prepare for going public. A target company in a SPAC merger will need to prepare itself for being a public company oftentimes within a few months, which is a shorter timeline compared to a traditional IPO for substantially the same preparation, due diligence, prospectus-drafting and SEC engagement and ongoing oversight. Public company execution and public company sustainment services for both IPO and SPAC mergers should cover cross-functional topics such as: technical accounting, financial reporting and close, finance effectiveness, financial planning and analysis, tax matters, internal controls and internal audit, human resources and compensation, investor relations, enterprise risk management, technology and cybersecurity, among other things.
Are you a detail-oriented, inquisitive individual who enjoys coming up with solutions to client issues? Are you technically sound when it comes to accounting and reporting matters? We are seeking professionals who want to build off their existing accounting experience and/or audit knowledge and use such knowledge on exciting advisory projects that add great value to our clients. From technical accounting issues, to new standard implementations; from complex transaction support to internal controls, the leaders of our practice will help you in expanding your experience base to further develop your career. At Deloitte, we provide services using an approach designed to provide the flexibility to serve the unique circumstances and complexities of our clients. You’ll gain exposure to a variety of industries, business models and financial accounting areas, helping your career growth and professional development.
Work you’ll do
As an IPO / SPAC execution - Accounting and Reporting Advisory Manager, you will oversee day-to-day operations of engagements. You’ll closely work with the team to tackle accounting, reporting and other issues, while using our cutting-edge tools and technology. You will leverage your various skillsets to be an agile contributor to the practice. Other responsibilities will include:
- Identify, prepare and participate in proposals for new clients and projects
- Be an advisor to newly public and private clients to assist with accounting, financial reporting and internal control matters, among other areas
- Stay connected to market trends to think through future innovative solutions
- Guide integration of overseas resources to drive efficient execution
- Develop, maintain and leverage internal contacts across Deloitte businesses
- Strengthen client relationships and generate additional engagement opportunities through excellent quality, timely execution and a strategic approach to service delivery
- Supervise, coach and mentor all levels of staff. Conduct performance reviews and contribute to performance feedback and training. Develop and communicate workplace culture and code of conduct
- Be part of a team that assists clients in preparing the financial and reporting aspects of an IPO/ SPAC, such as,
- Assess IPO / SPAC readiness
- SEC reporting requirements
- Technical accounting matters
- Internal controls, internal audit, risk and compliance management
- GAAP conversion from or into international accounting standards, e.g., IFRS or US GAAP
- Preparation of the financial disclosures
- Services implementing corporate governance structures, streamlined close, consolidate report processes, consideration of investor relations, human capital, and operational improvements
Our team culture is collaborative and encourages team members to take initiative and seek on-the-job learning opportunities. Our professionals are committed to excellence and to enhancing the trust of the investing public and capital markets.
- 5+ years of public accounting or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of experience in managing and supervising teams
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) certification
- Ability to travel up to 50%, on average, based on the work you do and the clients and industries/sectors you serve
- Strong and up-to-date technical knowledge of US GAAP accounting standards
- Experience in researching and clearly documenting accounting issues and applicable accounting standards
- Ability to read complex documents, synthesize and summarize important facts
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite especially Excel
- Ability to think creatively, problem solve and work independently on multiple engagements
- Proven experience in managing client relationships
- Ability to manage and motivate teams with team members at all levels
- Strong on-the-job training skills and a desire to teach
- Experience working in a fast-paced, team environment
- Good project and time management skills
- Good presentation skills and an ability to explain complex issues clearly and succinctly
- Experience in financial reporting and SEC requirements of IPOs an advantage
- Ability to build presence in the marketplace, network and build relationships, such as maintaining relationships with college alumni
- Prior experience in financial reporting and SEC requirements
- Prior experience around SOX and internal controls
- Knowledge and experience of SPAC mergers and/or traditional IPOs
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively in a virtual environment
- Limited immigration sponsorship may be available
The wage range for this role takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. The disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. At Deloitte, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $93,660 - $209,560.
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters. Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you. Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
Something looks off?