Sustainability M&A Consulting Services Senior Manager
Do you want to help some of the largest, most interesting organizations in the world imagine, deliver and thrive in a sustainable, low-carbon economy? Do you want to help finance the technologies and industries that will be essential for the realization of a sustainable future?
There is growing awareness of the critical role of M&A and private equity to influence and deliver the transformational changes necessary to achieve a sustainable future.
Our ambition is to support a wide range of corporate and private equity clients on their most pressing Sustainability - Climate & Equity challenges and opportunities, with M&A and a change in ownership often a key trigger of change.
In response to this growing demand for Sustainability to be embedded in all aspects of the transaction lifecycle, our Sustainability - Climate & Equity and M&A Consulting Services team is looking to hire problem solvers with the desire to lead a purpose-driven career, to join our team to deliver trusted advice and practical solutions for our clients.
If you are looking to join this fast-evolving space and to take your career to the next level, while also gaining exposure to the worlds of Sustainability and mergers and acquisitions, then our team provides you with the perfect opportunity.
Work You’ll Do
As a senior member of the team, this role will provide you with the opportunity to:
- Develop Sustainability-led strategies, targets and initiatives at the Fund, portfolio company and/or corporate levels to drive value
- Provide advice on growth opportunities along with new products and markets emerging from the uptake in Sustainability-driven innovation
- Work with our clients and team to shape responses to the evolving sustainable finance landscape and broader investor ESG expectations
- Lead detailed Sustainability due diligence (sell-side / buy-side) and assist with developing Day-1 readiness plans
- Lead and actively contribute to Sustainability - Climate & Equity portfolio assessments
- Provide technical expertise on one or more of the following areas and how they connect to value:
- ESG regulation and standards
- Climate risk and opportunity assessments
- Greenhouse gas emissions measurement and abatement opportunities
- Sustainable supply chains
- Environmental and health and safety legislation
- ESG governance and controls
- Provide end-to-end project management of large-scale Sustainability-driven transformation activities
- Support management of client relationships and in many cases act as a key client contact on engagements
- Coach junior staff on current and emerging Sustainability - Climate & Equity trends across the deal lifecycle and excellent project management skills
We know that Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A) are an important aspect of growth, profit, and reshaping business. Whether the focus is on shaping sustainable investment strategies, realizing value through the implementation of sustainable transformation strategies to drive shareholder and broader stakeholder value, or proactively assessing Sustainability - Climate & Equity risks as part of due diligence, we support clients end-to-end.
Our Sustainaiblity M&A Consulting Services team focuses on embedding Sustainability across the deal cycle - including Sustainability-led fund and portfolio level strategy development, assessment of deal targets with strategic Sustainability due diligence, post-transaction implementation of Sustainability - Climate & Equity strategy and initiatives, and supporting the articulation of Sustainability driven value creation upon exit. Additionally, support the franchising of these concepts across the staff base.
If you want to work at the intersection of ESG, strategy and finance, and help private equity firms transition their portfolios to net zero emissions and create value in the face of rising Sustainability - Climate & Equity expectations from multiple stakeholder groups, then we are the team for you!
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Sustainability, Finance, Engineering or Science
- At least 6 years of professional experience in at least two the following:
- M&A / deal lifecycle experience, including ESG due diligence in the context of broader financial and operational due diligence
- Design, implementation and communication of ESG strategy and/or responsible investment strategy
- Broader professional services, including management consulting or corporate finance
- Proven ability to identify new business opportunities and convert them into projects through the development of detailed proposals and compelling pitches
- Experience in climate risk and opportunity assessment, including scenario analysis, net zero and decarbonization planning, and financial impact assessment of climate related risks or opportunities
- Experience with climate related disclosure and target-setting standards/ frameworks, including TCFD, SBTi, GHG Protocol, PCAF, CDP, SASB, and GRESB
- Ability to travel up to 50% on average based on the work you do and the clients and industries/sectors you serve.
- An in-depth understanding of, and point of view on, how investors, regulators and analysts review and use ESG information to inform their decision making
- Strong problem solving, business diagnostic and analytical skills
- Experience operating and communicating with senior level stakeholders
- Knowledge of decarbonization strategy, planning and solutions at the corporate, government department and regional levels
- Understanding of the climate change policy and regulatory landscape
- Strong commercial acumen and project management capability with a track record of successful delivery
- Good communication skills and an ability to work across multiple clients/projects and drive progress and results.
- An in-depth understanding of current and emerging ESG issues, with proven experience in either one or more of the following sectors: infrastructure, energy & resources, consumer business, financial services, technology, and health care
The wage range for this role takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. The disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. At Deloitte, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $185,000 to $376,000.
You may also be eligible to participate in a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing the program, whereby an award, if any, depends on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and organizational performance.
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters. Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you. Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
Something looks off?