Restaurant and Food Services Quality Field Examiner - Customer Experience Measurement - Project Associate 5
Restaurant and Food Services Quality Field Examiner, Customer Experience Measurement – Project Associate 5
Location: 100% Field-Based Travel
Deloitte’s Brand Operations Services is looking for experienced food service industry professionals with excellent communication skills, judgment, and analytical abilities to execute consultative, quality assurance and food brand protection visits for our quick service food client. This is an excellent opportunity for professionals who are well versed in food service operations to use their industry experience to lead discussions and recommendations with restaurant clients on business priorities in a friendly, helpful and professional manner.
In this role, the Field Examiner will travel to their assigned client and perform quality assurance and food brand protection examinations in accordance with the client program. This is a project-based position where the Field Examiner is assigned to a specific client.
The Field Examiner may also be a key player in developing and, at times, leading client trainings for new hires and periodically throughout the client program.
Our business goal is to offer clients information and feedback regarding their customers’ experience. Clients served are within the quick service food industry with 2000+ locations located through the US. The Field Examiner is responsible for contributing to the development of, as well as providing, this high-level advice and these recommendations to clients.
Work You’ll Do:
- Understand and contribute to the development of the client expectations and conduct the customer experience, quality, and food brand protection examinations to meet the unique expectations for their assigned client.
- The Field Examiner must become well-versed in the client’s business and specific client requirements, the details of the brand and customer experience, and the methods and procedures of Brand Operations Services.
- Ability to recite by memory client specific processes, requirements, and product verbiage while in a busy kitchen environment.
- Through rapport building, employee conversations and visual indicators, the Field Examiner must be able to independently uncover and recommend strategies and suggestions for improvement to line level and management personnel on deviations and opportunities within the restaurant’s process, product, and equipment.
- Taste various menu items throughout the day per the program requirements including meats, dairy, produce, gluten-based products, nuts, tree nuts, etc.
- Responsible for producing accurate and consistent evaluations that include written reports in English. Entering the results real-time into a native iPad application.
- Exercise high level of judgment in evaluating the client’s business operations and service delivery by determining and recommending areas of improvement, action planning and root cause analysis.
- The Field Examiner must interact with restaurant/location management to review assessment data and recommend strategies and suggestions for improvement.
- Provide important quality-assurance and food brand protection information to clients, while using discretion to determine areas where the quality of the client’s business operations can be improved.
- Exercise initiative in formulating improvements in established Brand Operations Services procedures. Provide recommendations to the Business Solution Analysis Lead to improve consultant tools, worksheets and training materials.
- Represent the company in important client meetings and interactions. Contribute to building strong client relationships through interactions with clients’ personnel in a professional manner and demonstration of industry and functional knowledge.
- Attend and contribute to team meetings and conference calls on a regular basis as deemed by the Business Solution Analysis Leads / Manager
- Attend and contribute to client meetings and participate in client programs
The successful Field Examiner will possess:
- Ability to work independently and without direct supervision, while adhering to strict deadlines.
- Ability to analyze and synthesize data.
- Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment by using industry knowledge and fully comprehending clients’ business models and need
- Ability to analyze, synthesize, and present data to varying audiences
- Excellent command of English language (clearly speaking, reading comprehension, and writing) with strong analytic and presentation abilities.
- Skillful and fluid communication skills possessing the flexibility to communicate effectively with each client representative in the style and manner that they prefer.
- 2+ years of restaurant, food service and/or hospitality experience
- Experience working in a customer service capacity
- Must be able/prepared to travel extensively throughout any region required by the client independently (100%, annually). May includes weekly flights and extensive daily driving
- Ability to obtain valid passport and/or valid travel documentation is required
- Ability to obtain valid US driver's license
- Must reside in close proximity to a major airport (< 50 Miles)
- Ability to obtain a ServSafe Managers certification upon hire
- Proficiency with all current technology and Microsoft Office programs, including, but not limited to:
- iPad / tablet / notebook / smartphone functionality
- Comfortable with both android and apple systems
- Ability to download and interact with mobile applications
- Comfortable utilizing tablet as extra display for laptop
- Laptop functionality
- Video conferencing software (i.e. Zoom)
- Ability to utilize multiple web applications (at least 3) at one time
- Microsoft Teams
- iPad / tablet / notebook / smartphone functionality
- 3+ years leadership experience, preferably in an operations team lead or supervisory role
- Current ServSafe/Tips certification, HACCP training/certification
- Management Operations experience within the Food and Beverage, Hospitality, and/or customer service field
- Retail food safety knowledge and experience
- Training/facilitation experience targeted toward different learning styles and audiences
- BA/BS degree in Culinary, Hospitality or Business fields preferred
- Multilingual (Spanish & French preferred)
For individuals assigned and/or hired to work in California or Washington State, Deloitte is required by law to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation for this role. This compensation is specific to California and Washington State and takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. A reasonable estimate of the current compensation is $49,376 to $95,288.
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
Something looks off?