Solution Architecture Manager
Posted on Monday, September 5, 2022
Are you passionate about technology and interested in joining a community of collaborative colleagues who respectfully and courageously seek to challenge the status quo? If so, read on to learn more about an exciting opportunity with Deloitte’s Information Technology Services (ITS). We are curious and life-long learners focused on technology and innovation.
Work you’ll do
If you are passionate about how digital technology is transforming business, plan your next career move with Deloitte’s ITS Application Studios.
This role requires architecture design leadership for various lines of business and enterprise applications for custom web solutions and 3rd party vendor products. Responsible for web application architecture, service architecture, and technical design for high performance and scalability in a distributed, multi-tier and cross-platform environment. This role requires extensive experience in architecting and deploying web-based and web-enabled business applications, and must possess hands-on experience in coding, deploying distributed architectures and platforms, creating benchmark tests, designing for scalability and performance, and implementing large-scale vendor systems.
Our teams are already leveraging Artificial Intelligence, analytics, and cutting-edge capabilities to transform how we serve clients and operate our business. Moreover, the team is also actively exploring nascent technologies like IoT, Blockchain and AR/VR.
The Solution Architecture Manager manages large teams who are developing high level frameworks that align an organization’s IT infrastructure with business processes/data to improve the efficiency and productivity of business operations including:
The person in this role will be responsible for envisioning and developing new digital products. The person will execute day-to-day product development activities across design, development, stakeholder communication, technology vendor management and delivery.
- Collaborating with product development teams to provide a high-level vision of enterprise solutions and development initiatives
- Understanding and communicating the Enterprise strategy to Application, Data and Solution Architects along with other non-technical stakeholders
- Creating project and application architecture deliverables that are consistent with architecture principles, standards, methodologies, and best practices.
- Responsible for defining technical evaluation criteria for product and technology selection and determining technical approaches to ensure all architectural solutions result in a coherent systems design.
- Leading technical design sessions with the development teams, including the creation of class models, sequence diagrams, component models, etc., and detailed design specifications to ensuring that architecture standards are followed.
- Applied research and development, prototyping, and vendor evaluations
- Providing expert knowledge of mobile application architecture to business and technology teams and facilitate the collaborative development of the technology strategy, technology standards, roadmaps, and practices.
- Providing support / guidance to the development teams during the analysis, development, and testing processes.
- Working with business clients and product owners to review business drivers, needs, and strategies to anticipate future business / technology needs.
- Reviewing and approving 3rd party and integration solution architecture based on established enterprise application strategy.
- Communicating implications of architectural decisions, technology costs, benefits, and implementation requirements to business and IT Leadership.
- Defining and validating non-functional (technical) requirements and establishing traceability between requirements and application architecture/design.
- Providing input to the development of project initiation documents including objectives, scope, approach, estimates, and deliverables, when needed.
- Working closely with Performance Engineering and our Web/Infrastructure Technology teams on defining the deployment architecture.
- Participating, and technically leading when needed, production troubleshooting and ‘War Room’ Activities.
- Staying abreast of changes in vendor landscape and providing guidance around DAS’ long-term vendor strategy towards mobile application development.
- Instilling a culture of execution, operational excellence, and accountability.
- Seeking and capitalizing on the opportunities to improve productivity, improving time-to-market, improving solutions quality, and improving cost effectiveness.
- Anticipating barriers to change and creating opportunities to remove them.
- Creating a culture that is based on knowledge sharing and learning from best practices.
- Exhibiting high level of professional flexibility and volunteering innovation and new ideas.
- Mentoring technical leads and developers.
- Ability to travel up to 10-15%
Information Technology Services (ITS) helps power Deloitte’s success, which serves many of the world’s largest, most respected organizations. We develop and deploy cutting-edge internal and go-to-market solutions that help Deloitte operate effectively and lead in the market. Our reputation is built on a tradition of delivering with excellence.
The ~3,000 professionals in ITS deliver services including:
- Cyber Security
- Technology Support
- Technology & Infrastructure
- Relationship Management
- Strategy & Communications
- Project Management
Deloitte Application Studios (DAS)
Deloitte Application Studios (DAS) is the internal software and applications development team responsible for delivering leading-edge technologies to Deloitte professionals. Their broad portfolio includes web and mobile productivity tools that empower our people to log expenses, enter timesheets, book travel and more, anywhere, anytime. DAS enables our client service professionals through a comprehensive suite of applications across the business lines. In addition to application delivery, DAS offers full-scale design services, a robust mobile portfolio, cutting-edge analytics, and innovative custom development.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Security, Computer Science, or Information Systems or related and/or equivalent experience
- Minimum 6 years Industry experience, in architecture and delivery of software products and solutions.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in an architect role in a large Scaled Agile program.
- Minimum 1 year of leadership/management experience
- Experience in a data engineering role with demonstrable experience with Cognitive computing, data integration, data mining, Natural Language Processing, Hadoop platforms, and automating machine learning components.
- Experience designing and implementing off-prem public cloud (Azure, AWS, GCP, etc.) environments and architectures and operational models. Including developing cloud-ready
- One or more programming languages (i.e. C#, Java, Python); One or more databases (SQL/No SQL), Web front end technologies (Angular, ReactJS, VueJS etc.), Application frameworks (.Net, Java), Business Intelligence solutions (Power BI, Tableau), Enterprise integration patterns (MOM, SOA etc.), Machine learning & AI, Big Data analytics, One or more cloud provider (Azure, AWS, GCP), Container technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, Azure Service Fabric etc.)
- Certified Cloud Solution Architect by one or more cloud providers (Azure, AWS, GCP) Preferable
- Work is non-standardized and widely varied, involving many complex and significant variables including significant time spent planning, evaluating complex solutions and issues, and negotiating outcomes. Strong analytic ability and inductive thinking are frequently required to devise new approaches to situations where previously accepted solutions have proven inadequate. Supervision typically consists of periodic coaching, advice, and feedback. Management of a team within a business line.
- Limited immigration sponsorship may be available
The wage range for this role takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. The disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. At Deloitte, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $104,575 to $214,740.
You may also be eligible to participate in a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing the program, whereby an award, if any, depends on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and organizational performance.
Limited immigration sponsorship may be available.Recruiting tips
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters. Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you. Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
Deloitte’s purpose is to make an impact that matters for our clients, our people, and in our communities. We are creating trust and confidence in a more equitable society. At Deloitte, purpose is synonymous with how we work every day. It defines who we are. We are focusing our collective efforts to advance sustainability, equity, and trust that come to life through our core commitments. Learn more about Deloitte's purpose, commitments, and impact.Professional development
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
See more open positions at Deloitte
Something looks off?