Java Spring Full-Stack Lead Software Engineer - Senior Consultant
Posted on Friday, September 30, 2022
Risk and Financial Advisory – Hybrid Operate
Java Full Stack Lead Software Engineer – Senior Consultant
Java Full Stack Lead Software Engineer – Senior Consultant
Do you thrive in times of disruption? Are you passionate about leveraging next generation technology to turn complex organizational challenges into long-term competitive advantages? As a Full Stack Engineer in our Hybrid-Operate group, you’ll have the opportunity to gain valuable hands-on experience working alongside leading professionals as we engage a diverse set of industries with effective solutions.
Work you’ll do
As a Java Full Stack Engineer you will assist with the design, analysis, development, implementation, testing, and deployment of new data-driven, web-based applications. Ideal candidates will have a solution-focused mindset and the ability to collaborate as a team with technical and product leaders while also contributing independently. Candidates must be passionate about technology, demonstrate strong troubleshooting and research facilities, and thrive in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment. Day to day job responsibilities may include:
- Working closely with business, solution engineers, team members and leadership to understand business requirements and deliver high quality technical solutions
- Analyze and implement user requirements/business needs as new and/or enhanced product functionality
- Identifies key drivers of a problem and proposes technical solutions using analysis, experience, and decision making
- Develops solutions to client problems through application of methods and tools; validates solutions to subject matter experts
- Understands the benefits of using state of the art methods and tools and their application on a particular engagement; contributes to continuous development of methods and tools
- Responsible for supporting and independently completing project tasks; design, code, test, and document software code
- Perform code reviews, suggest improvements, and perform refactoring
- Communicate with technical and business leaders on sprint progress and enhancement status
- Assist in the packaging and delivery of finished software products to clients
- Help support software sales efforts through presentations for, and technical discussions with, clients and prospective clients
- Demonstrates accountability and contributions to the successful realization of client goals
- Commitment to team success and positive team dynamics
We are a growing global team of Developers and Technology professionals. You will be working directly with team members at all levels that are assigned to one or more technology assets, with the focus on enhancement or customization to meet the needs of our clients. Our teams understand the dynamics of serving complex, global clients across multiple industries, and the importance of increasing transparency around business performance. Learn more about our Deloitte Risk & Financial Advisory practice at Deloitte.
Technical Knowledge & Experience
- Master's or bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- Strong hands-on software development skills using OOP concepts and design patterns
- 4-6 years hands-on experience in Java Spring Boot technology stack
- Full stack development experience with both Backend & frontend Java Spring framework (Core, MVC, JPA, Security), JSP, Bootstrap, jQuery, HTML, Maven, and SQL
- 3+ years of knowledge on MVC framework like Spring/Struts/Grails and ORM tools such as Hibernate
- Ability to work in an Agile model
- Experience with Junit and Mockito
- Limited sponsorship may be available
- Ability to travel up to 10% based on the work you do and the clients and industries/sectors you serve.
- Experience using Azure DevOps and GIT/SVN for source control
- Experience in Angular
- Experience with reporting solutions like Tableau would be a plus
- Working knowledge of AWS Cloud platform
- Working knowledge of Python
- Working knowledge of Selenium
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters. Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you. Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
Deloitte’s purpose is to make an impact that matters for our clients, our people, and in our communities. We are creating trust and confidence in a more equitable society. At Deloitte, purpose is synonymous with how we work every day. It defines who we are. We are focusing our collective efforts to advance sustainability, equity, and trust that come to life through our core commitments. Learn more about Deloitte's purpose, commitments, and impact.Professional development
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
See more open positions at Deloitte
Something looks off?