Senior DevOps Engineer
Senior AWS DevOps Engineer
Are you an experienced, passionate pioneer in technology? A cloud solutions builder who wants to work in a collaborative environment. As an experienced Senior AWS DevOps Engineer, you will have the ability to share new ideas and collaborate on projects as a consultant without the extensive demands of travel. Consider an opportunity with our US Delivery Center – we are breaking the mold of a typical Delivery Center.
Our US Delivery Centers have been growing since 2014 with significant, continued growth on the horizon. Interested? Read more about our opportunity below …
Work you’ll do/Responsibilities
- Consult with clients on the system design of AWS environments
- Manage cloud implementations, upgrades, migrations, and change requests on client cloud environments
- Create, implement, and assist in the development of scripts to automate everyday operations
- Monitor and maintain multiple (DevOps) environments based on client requirements
- Responsible for the configuration and setup of backups as well as setup automated AWS patching for Windows and Linux platforms
- Lead development teams to build and deploy micro services-based applications in public cloud with Continuous Integration & Continuous Deployment tools and processes
- Lead program optimization to work within constructs of an AWS environment
- Mentor and guide junior level resources on the team
Deloitte’s Government & Public Services practice—our people, ideas, technology and outcomes—is designed for impact. Our team of over 15,000+ professionals bring fresh perspective to help you anticipate disruption, reimagine the possible, and fulfill your mission promise.
The US Cloud Engineering Offering focuses on enabling our client’s end-to-end journey from On-Premise to Cloud, with opportunities in the areas of Cloud Strategy and Op Model Transformation, Cloud Development & Integration, Cloud Migration, and Cloud Infrastructure & Managed Services. Cloud Engineering supports our clients as they improve agility, resilience and identifies opportunities to reduce IT operations spend through automation by enabling Cloud. We accelerate our clients toward a technology-driven future, leveraging vendor solutions, Deloitte-developed software products, tools, and accelerators.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Management Information Systems or equivalent work experience
- 6+ years of experience with implementation, migrations and upgrades in the AWS Cloud environment
- Must have a minimum of 2years of experience developing, packaging, and deploying applications in production environments on kubernetes.
- Must have a minimum of 3years of experience building infrastructure with IaC and scripting such as Terraform and bash.
- Experience working with Agile/SCRUM system development methodologies.
- Experience as a lead developing/operating, standardizing and building secure, auto healing production grade infrastructure and networking in the cloud for PaaS and IaaS solutions, in AWS or Azure.
- Experience with designing and deploying AWS Services like Elastic Compute (EC2), Storages (S3, EBS, EFS, Glacier and AWS Storage Gateway) and RDS
- Experience in AWS storage encryption, data at rest, and data in transit
- Experience with open sourced webservices environments (Java, REST, and SOAP)
- Experience building and deploying micro-based applications in cloud with Continuous Integration & Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) tools and processes
- Managing development teams to build and deploy micro services-based applications in cloud with Continuous Integration & Continuous Deployment tools and processes
- Must be able to live, or relocate to commutable distance from the Lake Mary, FL, Gilbert, AZ, or Mechanicsburg, PA area
- Must be in your designated office location 10%-30% of each work week
- Ability to Travel 10%, on average, based on the work you do and the clients and industries/sectors you serve
- Limited immigration sponsorship may be available
- AWS Certification
- Certified Kubernetes Administrator (CKA) and the Certified Kubernetes Application Developer (CKAD)
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
Something looks off?