Journeyman Accountant with TS SCI w/Poly
Join our team and begin tackling critical issues at all levels of government in a team-focused environment with an emphasis on personal and professional growth. Now more than ever, organizations need support to address pressing needs in accounting, budgeting/forecasting, financial reporting, assurance, and internal controls. Accounting & Internal Controls (A&IC) is well-positioned to help our clients address their most urgent finance transformation needs. If you are interested in helping organizations effectively manage financial risks, then our team would be a great fit for you!
Work you’ll do
- Perform IT audit readiness including FISCAM, NIST 800-53.
- Perform audit readiness supporting remediation of client’s audit material weaknesses, including performing A-123 assessment of client’s business processes.
- Access controls and internal controls.
- Work with SSAE-16 and system security plans.
- Advise our clients on technical accounting and internal controls matters.
- Design and implement technical solutions to improve financial management activities.
- Identify opportunities for efficiencies in process and innovative approaches to completing scope of work.
- Assist with accounting and financial reporting operations.
- Participate in team problem solving efforts and offer ideas to solve client issues.
- Conduct relevant research, data analysis, and create reports.
- Maintain responsibility for completion and accuracy of work products.
Deloitte’s Government and Public Services (GPS) practice – our people, ideas, technology and outcomes—is designed for impact. Serving federal, state, & local government clients as well as public higher education institutions, our team of over 15,000+ professionals brings fresh perspective to help clients anticipate disruption, reimagine the possible, and fulfill their mission promise.
Our team provides resources to help clients manage their core accounting and financial reporting functions , as well as solutions to help them achieve their controls and finance transformation aspirations. Our professionals keep up with emerging regulatory guidance along with industry and business trends to assist financial organizations. We develop solutions to data complexities to help our clients achieve optimal finance transformation and meet their digital controllership goals and objectives.
- Active TS/SCI with Polygraph security clearance required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting,
- Automated controls testing.
- Business process design and/or reengineering.
- IT audit readiness, FISCAM, NIST 800-53, and access controls.
- Financial statement audits and/or auditability assessments.
- Experience reviewing, analyzing, validating, and reconciling financial/accounting information.
- Experience improving Federal accounting and transaction process, internal control objectives, and generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404 and/or OMB Circular A-123 documentation, Financial Improvement Audit Readiness (FIAR), testing and reporting requirements.
- Ability to effectively prioritize workload to meet deadlines and work objectives.
- Ability to write clearly, succinctly, and in a manner that appeals to a wide audience.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future.
- Certifications including CPA, CISA, CDFM, CGFM, CFE, CIA.
- Governmental accounting experience in the IC.
- Demonstrated experience with Momentum software.
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters. Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you. Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
Something looks off?