Cyber Threat Targeting Analyst
Are you looking to elevate your cyber career? Your technical skills? Your opportunity for growth? Deloitte’s Government and Public Services Cyber Practice (GPS Cyber Practice) is the place for you! Our GPS Cyber Practice helps organizations create a cyber minded culture and become stronger, faster, and more innovative. You will become part of a team that advises, implements, and manages solutions across five verticals: Strategy, Defense and Response; Identity; Infrastructure; Data; and Application Security. Our dynamic team offers opportunities to work with cutting-edge cyber security tools and grow both vertically and horizontally at an accelerated rate. Join our cyber team and elevate your career.
Work you’ll do
Seeking a Targeting Analyst to support in intelligence functions, analytics, and cyber investigations and operations. In the role you will work to advance collection operations by identifying new collection opportunities with potential to address identified source coverage gaps. Analysts conducting target analysis/development functions will apply indicators and characteristics of known threat variables to a defined targeting need and use analytic techniques and methodologies to advance investigative or collection actions, or to recommend new investigative or collection actions. Additionally, analysts assigned target analysis and/or development tasks and projects will evaluate, analyze, and synthesize large quantities of data and information from one or multiple sources into high quality, fused targeting/intelligence products.
- Implement risk management programs for our federal clients by utilizing NIST, RMF, and FISMA compliance frameworks.
- Enhance cyber awareness with clients and project teams.
- Work alongside federal clients to help them mitigate risk with the use of continuous monitoring and incident response.
- Establish security controls to ensure protection of client systems.
- Implement cutting edge security tools for our federal clients.
Deloitte’s Government and Public Services (GPS) practice – our people, ideas, technology and outcomes—is designed for impact. Serving federal, state, & local government clients as well as public higher education institutions, our team of more than 15,000 professionals brings fresh perspective to help clients anticipate disruption, reimagine the possible, and fulfill their mission promise.
At Deloitte, we believe cyber is about starting things—not stopping them—and enabling the freedom to create a more secure future. Cyber Strategy, Defense and Response (SDR) focuses on helping federal clients design and implement transformational enterprise security programs with an emphasis on defending against, recovering from, and mitigating major cyberattacks. If you’re seeking a career that increases cyber awareness, utilizes risk management programs, and develops strategies for cyber defense and response, then the Cyber SDR offering at Deloitte is for you.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Active Top Secret Clearance required with the ability to obtain SCI with CI Poly
- Prior experience supporting a variety of core analytical tasks
- 3 years experience conducting research and analysis at the operational or strategic level
- Experience identifying new Potential Confidential Human Sources (PCHSs) or other new collection opportunities with potential to address identified source coverage gaps
- 3 years experience conducting target analysis/development functions
- Ability to apply indicators and characteristics of known threat variables to a defined targeting need
- Experience utilizing analytic techniques and methodologies to advance investigative or collection actions
- Experience in recommending new investigative or collection actions
- Prior experience evaluating, analyzing, and synthesizing large quantities of data and information from one or multiple sources into high quality, fused targeting/intelligence products
- Specialty in AOR of China, North Korea, or Iran, and Cyberterrorism.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
- Ability to travel 25%-75%, on average, based on the work you do and the clients and industries/sectors you serve
- Must be onsite for this role in Chantilly, VA
- Prior professional services or federal consulting experience
- Certifications (e.g., CompTIA Security+, CEH, CISSP)
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
Something looks off?