State Income and Franchise Tax Manager - Multistate - Florida
Posted on Friday, December 23, 2022
Are you a strategic and creative Multistate Tax professional who likes solving complex state tax issues? Are you ready to make a greater impact on organizations by combining tax consulting solutions and innovative technology that align the tax function with business objectives?
We are looking for a sharp, analytical Multistate Tax Manager who is ready to take on new challenges and join one of the largest Multistate Tax practices in the United States.
What you'll do
As a Tax Manager within the Multistate Tax Services group, you will provide tax consulting and compliance services to a diverse client base in various industry sectors. You will work directly with the client, manage the tax engagement team, have access to an elite group of specialists when needed, and be connected to a strong support system from firm Leadership to ensure you are set up for success in your role and career. Responsibilities will include:
- Maintaining and developing strong client relationships on various tax consulting/compliance engagements.
- Advising clients on a variety of issues including multistate tax planning, accounting for income taxes, restructuring, audit defense, and due diligence.
- Overseeing complex state tax compliance and consulting projects requiring tax analysis for a variety of entities and their affiliates.
- Researching and analyzing a wide range of tax issues and tax implications including apportionment methodology, unitary filings, and nexus considerations.
- Managing engagement workflow, engagement team resources, and engagement billing.
- Providing leadership, counseling, and career guidance for the development and motivation of the engagement team.
Deloitte's Multistate Tax Services (MTS) group is the largest State and Local Tax (SALT) practice in the United States with more than 1,000 professionals nationwide. Our Multistate Tax professionals include former state tax auditors and administrators, industry personnel, tax practitioners, accounting specialists, and technology personnel with numerous years of multistate tax experience. Collectively, our team has significant experience with the requirements and nuances of jurisdictions in all 50 states. Our specific services include state income and franchise tax, indirect tax, business restructuring, credits and incentives, sales and use tax outsourcing, excise tax, property tax, state strategic tax review, and state tax controversy.
- 5+ years' experience in state income and franchise tax
- Solid understanding and experience with state tax compliance, tax planning, tax analysis, and tax research
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or related field
- One of the following accreditations obtained:
- Licensed CPA in state of practice/primary office if eligible to sit for the CPA
- If not CPA eligible:
- Licensed attorney
- Enrolled Agent
- Excellent research and writing skills
- Excellent presentation and communications skills
- Strong management experience
- Limited immigration sponsorship may be available
- Ability to travel 10%, on average, based on the work you do and the clients and industries/sectors you serve
- Advanced degree such as Masters of Tax, JD, and/or LLM
- Previous Big 4 or large CPA firm experience
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters. Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you. Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
Deloitte’s purpose is to make an impact that matters for our clients, our people, and in our communities. We are creating trust and confidence in a more equitable society. At Deloitte, purpose is synonymous with how we work every day. It defines who we are. We are focusing our collective efforts to advance sustainability, equity, and trust that come to life through our core commitments. Learn more about Deloitte's purpose, commitments, and impact.Professional development
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
See more open positions at Deloitte
Something looks off?