ESG Controllership Senior Manager
Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) Controllership Senior Manager
In the rapidly evolving ESG landscape, the ability to communicate with stakeholders while demonstrating trustworthiness is more valuable than ever. People, businesses, and organizations alike are demanding transparency and reliability over ESG data. This demand has served as a catalyst for our clients to establish and enhance the data, processes, and organizational structures around ESG. At Deloitte we are uniquely suited to support our clients through these changes as we bring perspective and experience stemming from core Controllership capabilities and enhanced by knowledge and understanding of the ESG reporting environment. A career in the ESG Controllership practice will provide you with the opportunity to provide high-value ESG services to some of the world’s largest companies in a variety of industries.
Our ESG Controllership team is seeking Senior Managers who are interested in delivering ESG-focused controllership engagements to help our clients navigate and endure through ESG transformation. Our Senior Managers also serve as a critical part of driving growth in our overall ESG Controllership practice.
The ESG Controllership team works across the global firm to support clients through ESG transformation in compliance, data, process, controls – all enabled by technology.
As a part of this team, you will focus on ESG through the lens of accounting and internal controls, where RFA professionals combine various industry backgrounds and a passion and interest in ESG to impact the Controllership profession and drive value for our clients. You will gain valuable hands-on experience working alongside leading professionals while building your professional skills. Responsibilities will include assisting Chief Financial Officers (CFOs), Chief Accounting Officers (CAOs), Controllers, and business unit finance leaders solve complex technical and operational accounting and reporting issues surrounding ESG.
Deloitte’s culture is collaborative, transparent, and inclusive. As part of this firm and team, you will build your arsenal of professional skills to think bigger, work smarter, and lead better.
Work you’ll do
As an ESG Controllership Senior Manager, you will have dual opportunities to learn and to support delivering client work in the ESG space while building our internal ESG capabilities.
As it relates to client service, the Senior Manager will be expected to collaborate with other ESG professionals to execute on responsibilities including:
- Serve as a thought leader in ESG Controllership by demonstrating deep knowledge in this space, eminence in the market, and the ability to develop strong relationships with clients
- Manage client engagements focused on compliance with ESG standards and frameworks, including pending and final regulatory requirements (e.g., SEC’s The Enhancement and Standardization of Climate-Related Disclosures for Investors)
- Advise clients on reporting processes and SEC control design (existence and effectiveness) to enhance the client’s ESG reporting process (e.g., Greenhouse gas emissions, etc.)
- Lead ESG reporting solution implementations, such as Workiva, and advising on the ESG reporting technology landscape, including development of business requirements for clients
- Mentor junior colleagues in this area and serve as a thought leader
- Responsible for managing engagement economics and delivery of a quality client experience
- 8+ years of technical or advisory-related experience in either sustainability, entity and enterprise accounting or financial planning and analysis and/or cost accounting
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Information Technology, Risk Management, Environmental Sciences, Economics or related field
- CPA, CIA, CFA, CA, CCA, CMA, CAIA or FRM certification
- Proven leadership skills demonstrating strong judgment, problem-solving, and decision-making abilities
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and proactively develop internal and external working relationships
- Experience in qualitative and quantitative analysis to support decision-making and successfully and effectively communicating your findings to a broad spectrum of stakeholders
- Highly motivated, ambitious, and a quick learner given this evolving field
- Experience managing and working collaboratively on teams to develop and deliver innovative solutions to complex problems
- Knowledge of U.S. GAAP, IFRS, and SEC rules and regulations
- Proficiency in MS Office products, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Ability to travel up to 25%, on average, based on the work you do and the clients and industries/sectors you serve
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
- Master's degree in Business, Environmental Sciences, Systems or Accounting
- Capabilities in operational and financial internal controls, including work related to compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley
- Experience with Workiva and/or Workiva’s ESG module
The wage range for this role takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. The disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. At Deloitte, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $160,778 to $284,538.
You may also be eligible to participate in a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing the program, whereby an award, if any, depends on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and organizational performance.
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters. Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you. Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.