Tax Senior - Federal Tax Services - DART (Depreciation Analysis and Reporting Tool)
Do you have excellent tax compliance skills and a strong desire to join a cutting-edge team? Do you like working to help companies achieve their tax objectives and their individual risk profiles? Do you have a passion for a unique and challenging role? If so, we have the career opportunity to keep you intrigued well beyond the tax code!
Work you’ll do
As a Tax Senior in the FTS-DART group, you will be responsible for:
- Participating in engagements requiring tax analysis for a variety of entities and their affiliates including reviewing public information and tax-specific information.
- Research and analysis of a wide range of tax issues encountered on our projects while working closely with both our engagement teams and our Partners.
- Day-to-day participation of projects through the delivery of tax consulting services to the client.
- Day-to-day interaction with engagement teams, both domestically and internationally, in order to ensure property staffing and participation on engagements teams.
National Federal Tax Services (NFTS) is a national practice within Deloitte Tax LLP made up of multiple tax service offerings, including Global Tax Depreciation Services. Each NFTS service offering has been developed and built in response to a tax planning opportunity, a marketplace need, or a technological innovation - with the purpose of delivering results for our clients. Our people are entrepreneurial in spirit and have always had the work-hard/play-hard mentality. Team members within NFTS are viewed as tax specialists.
Deloitte's tax professionals use our proprietary Depreciation Analysis & Reporting Tool (DART) to help clients drive efficient tax cost recovery calculations and planning through advanced technologies and data analytics. Specifically, they specialize in a wide variety of services related to fixed assets, such as:
- Assisting Clients with annual and interim cost recovery computations, including computing depreciation and gain/loss to support federal and state returns;
- Preparing state tax depreciation schedules and related adjustments for states that have decoupled from federal tax depreciation;
- Preparing and helping establish additional sets of tax depreciation books, such as Earnings and Profits (E&P) and non-confirming state regimes;
- Leveraging and utilizing advanced global tax depreciation data analytics and visualizations to help identify tax planning considerations, potential tax risks related to Client’s fixed asset data, and identify potential cash tax savings;
- Assisting Clients with the analysis and validation of the of their carried PP&E timing differences and the related federal and state deferred tax balances;
- Computing tax depreciation for financial forecasts, tax provision, long-range planning, and cash-tax planning;
- Assisting Clients with RFP development, tax fixed asset vendor demonstrations and tax depreciation software selection;
- Helping Clients with fixed asset system implementations or upgrades;
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or other business-related field
- 2+ years’ experience in core federal tax compliance, including federal and/or international
- Ability to travel 50%, on average, based on the work you do and the clients and industries/sectors you serve
- One of the following accreditations obtained, in process, or willing and able to obtain:
- Licensed CPA in state of practice/primary office if eligible to sit for the CPA
- If not CPA eligible:
- Licensed attorney
- Enrolled Agent
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Chartered Financial Advisor (CFA)
- Advanced degree such as MST or MAcc
- Mid-Level to Advanced skills in MS Project, Word, Excel, and Tax Depreciation Software
- Self-starter with demonstrated ability to effectively handle multiple, competing priorities
- Demonstrated effective research and verbal and written communication skills
- Previous Big 4 experience or equivalent
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters. Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you. Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
Something looks off?