Manager, Value Added Tax
Are you a team player with a practical, business-oriented mindset? Do you enjoy working in an ever-changing global environment with fast-moving markets and evolving business models? Our Global Value Added Tax Services practice, a multicultural and energetic national specialty group within our International Tax practice, is looking for dynamic individuals who are self-motivated and prepared to travel to support the national practice and its international clients. If this is you, apply now!
What You’ll Do
As a Manager you will help businesses manage their indirect taxes effectively by providing tax technical support, guidance on effective processes implementation, and leveraging technology solutions. Deloitte provides client focused advisory services on local and international indirect tax related matters including planning, rate determination and international consulting such as foreign indirect tax requirements.
Responsibilities Will Include:
- Advise U.S. and foreign multinational companies on the indirect tax implications of their international operations
- Work with VAT/GST and other similar transaction-based taxes
- Work directly with clients and liaise with indirect tax colleagues in Deloitte’s global member firm network.
- Direct complex tax research, formulate tax-planning strategies, and perform tax reviews
- Help integrate indirect tax planning into our client’s overall business strategy, helping them comply with complex international indirect tax requirements in connection with, for example, a merger or acquisition, a global ERP implementation, maintaining compliance with multi-jurisdictional business transactions, or streamlining a multinational supply chain.
- Help clients reduce costs and manage tax compliance risk while increasing confidence that nothing has been missed
- Work with technology-based compliance management solutions
- Supervise Senior and Tax Consultants
Our Global VAT Services practice assists multinational companies with a wide array of indirect taxes including value-added tax (VAT), goods & services tax (GST), consumption tax, and many other transaction-based taxes. The practice concentrates its efforts on providing state-of-the art indirect tax advice to its clients, helping these businesses effectively manage indirect taxes by providing tax technical support, guidance on compliance and reporting requirements and process improvements, and assistance with leveraging technology solutions. We are a multicultural team from around the world with diverse backgrounds in tax, law, economics, business, and more. The practice works closely with Deloitte’s Global network of VAT/GST specialists based in more than 150 countries worldwide.
- 5+ years of general tax experience, preferably with at least 3 years focused on indirect taxes, including VAT/GST and similar transaction-based taxes
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or other business-related field
- Proven extensive technical expertise within the field of indirect taxes
- Experience with an accountancy firm, consultancy practice, law firm, or large tax department of a multinational company
- Prior supervisory experience
- Experience in indirect tax automation (ERP or tax engine)
- Ability to travel 50%, on average, based on the work you do and the clients and industries/sectors you serve
- One of the following accreditations obtained:
- Licensed CPA in state of practice/primary office if eligible to sit for the CPA
- If not CPA eligible:
- Licensed attorney
- Enrolled Agent
- foreign equivalents to the above UK certifications; OneSource Indirect Tax Certification, Vertex
- Other – foreign equivalent of the above
- Big 4 experience
- An advanced degree such as MST, JD, or LLM
- A proven track record handling indirect tax issues, regulations, disputes, audits, and rulings
- Experience in supply chain restructuring, data analytics, or compliance
- Familiarity with the tax consulting process and the effective diagnosis, solution, development, and implementation of clients' tax needs
- Excellent research and oral and written communication skills
- Strong project management, coordination, and presentation skills
The wage range for this role takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. The disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. At Deloitte, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $107,100 to $235,300.
You may also be eligible to participate in a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing the program, whereby an award, if any, depends on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and organizational performanceRecruiting tips
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters. Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you. Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
Something looks off?