Sales Executive - Data Operations - Deloitte Consulting
Sales Executive – DataOps
Do you have Data Management and Data Operations sales experience, an entrepreneurial spirit, an ability to communicate with senior leadership, and demonstrated selling ability? If so, Deloitte Consulting LLP is looking for a top-performing DataOps Sales Executive to identify and drive opportunities at new and existing clients within its DataOps practice.
The Sales Center of Excellence (COE) supports Deloitte’s businesses in uncovering, nurturing, and closing sales opportunities. Working together with Partners, Principals and Managing Directors, these sales executives focus their highly skilled efforts in securing relationships with qualified targets and decision makers to uncover opportunities, develop effective sales strategies, manage the pursuit process and act as the sales lead throughout the sales process.
What you'll do:
The Sales Executive is responsible for selling strategic solutions as part of the DataOps practice. The role involves:
- Leading business development efforts across new and existing clients for the DataOps practice
- Running a disciplined sales pipeline including lead management, qualification, and bringing established sales methods to the pursuit process
- Working closely with Principals, Partners, Managing Directors and other Sales Executives across Analytics & Cognitive, Tax, Audit, and Advisory, Industry and Account teams to identify new opportunities related to the creation of DataOps solutions for organizations. This work will include selling services related to the strategy, implementation and ongoing maintenance of Data platforms and related automation solutions across the data value chain
- Acting as a client facing lead on sales pursuits from opportunity identification and qualification through close
- Working together with the Lead Sales Executive and DataOps Practice Leader to execute the practice’s strategic sales and marketing priorities, maintaining a healthy DataOps sales pipeline and reporting progress to service line leaders
- Understanding market segmentation of target clients and identifying the fit with relevant business processes, technology platforms, market offerings and ecosystems
- Maintaining client relationships from strategic projects through execution of sales programs
- Managing a pipeline of 20+ opportunities at any given time
- Being the central point of contact on coordinating across multiple service lines during the sales process
- Identifying opportunities (sole source/up for bid) and bring it to the business (functional) partners, evaluate opportunity alignment with client strategy
- Leading the pursuit process, RFP responses, etc.
- Developing targeted plans with Sector leaders to infiltrate and influence decision-makers at the highest levels within accounts
- Developing an understanding of Deloitte Consulting’s portfolios and offerings, as well as cross-firm integrated offerings, to be conversant in our capabilities
- Establishing business relationships with senior client executives within Deloitte
- Teamwork, fostering relationships, and developing consensus across teams
- Possess a minimum of 12 years of selling technology and consulting related services to complex clients
- Experience working in the Retail, Consumer Products, Industrial Manufacturing, Technology, Media and/or Telco sectors
- Deep understanding of the data management ecosystem including core data platforms such as Informatica, Snowflake, Talend, Cloud platforms such as AWS, Azure, GCP and various BI, visualization tools
- Strong sales management knowledge and experience
- Experience selling high-end, project-based, professional consulting services, characterized by long sales cycles and both large and small dollar transactions
- Complex pursuit process experience, proposal development and oral presentations that win new business
- Ability to work in a multi-layered matrix organization serving many leaders
- Deep knowledge of competition and existing solutions in the marketplace
- An ability to gain access and influence decision-makers at the highest levels in client organizations
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Experience selling intangibles
- Ability to work as a team player
- Ability to travel up to 50%, on average, based on the work you do and the clients and industries/sectors you serve
- Bachelor’s degree
- Advanced Degree
The wage range for this role takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. The disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. At Deloitte, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $171,000 to $285,000.
You may also be eligible to participate in a sales incentive program, whereby you may be eligible to receive certain incentive compensation amounts based on achievement of certain sales goals set forth each year, subject to the terms and conditions of any applicable program document
ongig preRecruiting tips
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters. Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you. Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
Something looks off?