Software Engineer, Manager
Deloitte Tax LLP seeks a Software Engineer, Manager in Dallas, TX.
Work You’ll Do
Responsible for the design, analysis, development, implementation, and deployment of new data-driven web-based applications and for providing support for existing systems. Lead a team of developers to deliver end-to-end solutions for moderate to complex projects in a fast-paced environment. Supervise and mentor staff team members. Develop and maintain software frameworks and services. Interact with business analyst/client(s) to understand business problems being addressed. Review project requirements and estimate the necessary time to completion. Carry out code reviews and unit testing of new development. Document new development, procedures or test plans as needed. Interact with other development teams in an effort to ensure a consistent, uniform approach to software development. Follow software development best practices to maximize the predictability and success of projects. Prepare technical design documents using enterprise standard documentation tools. Deploy all integration artifacts to testing and production environments. Create unit test plans and scenarios for development unit testing, document new development, procedures and test plans, and prepare architecture documents. Design medium to large-scale applications using programming languages. Use browser client-side technologies to design responsive user interfaces.
- Bachelor's (or higher) degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Computer Engineering, or related field (willing to accept foreign education equivalent).
- Five years of experience performing software development using SAP.
- Experience must include five years of:
- Designing data objects, functions and stored procedures;
- Performing all phases of software development lifecycle (SDLC), including project preparation and blueprinting;
- Utilizing SAP BW, SAP HANA 2.0, design and development, testing and cut-over, go-live, documentation and support activities;
- Architecting and implementing end-to-end business intelligence (BI) strategies and solutions using SAP HANA, SAP BODS, SLT, and SAP BOE;
- Configuring HANA performance and error issues and architecting solutions;
- Interfacing with business analysts and clients to understand business problems, translating business needs into functional and nonfunctional requirements, creating technical design documents, and ensuring the delivery of appropriate technical solutions; and
- Collaborating with a team of developers to deliver end-to-end solutions and performing code reviews.
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters. Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you. Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
Something looks off?