Tax Manager - Financial Services Industries - Hedge Fund Tax
Hedge funds—Are you a leader and passionate about financial products and understand tax planning and returns, identifying complex tax issues for a variety of hedge fund clients, Subchapter K, wash sale and constructive sale rules, and aggregate allocations? If this is music to your ears, and you love a challenge and a very fast-paced environment, we have the career for you!
What You’ll Do
As global leaders in providing professional services to the Investment Management industry, Deloitte Tax LLP works with clients to address a range of critical issues brought on by regulatory changes, competition, globalization, advances in technology, and the changing demands of their investors/customers. Our US tax industry group is comprised of more than 1,400 partners, principals, and employees providing a spectrum of tax services to a broad range of Investment Management companies. Our clients include investment advisers and administrators from every sector of the industry, including hedge funds, private equity, alternative products, family offices, mutual funds, broker-dealers, banks, insurance companies, and other investment managers.
- 4+ years’ experience providing tax planning services or preparing and reviewing client work papers and income tax returns
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or other business-related field
- One of the following accreditations obtained:
- Licensed CPA in state of practice/primary office if eligible to sit for the CPA
- If not CPA eligible:
- Licensed attorney
- Enrolled Agent
- Other - Chartered Financial Advisor (CFA) or Certified Financial Planner (CFP) may also be acceptable depending on the specific role and business approval
- Demonstrated basic understanding of Subchapter K, financial products, wash sale and constructive sale rules, as well as familiarity with aggregate allocations
- Experience working in a fast-paced, team environment
- Experience managing projects, including scheduling, budgeting, client correspondence and billing
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to travel 25%, on average, based on the work you do and the clients and industries/sectors you serve
- Previous Big 4 experience
- Knowledge of fund accounting and general ledger accounting
The wage range for this role takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. The disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. At Deloitte, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $96,600 to $197,600.
You may also be eligible to participate in a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing the program, whereby an award, if any, depends on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and organizational performance.
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters. Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you. Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.