Tax Manager - National Federal Tax Services - Inventory Group
If you love technology and tax and want to join a team at the intersection of these two cutting-edge arenas, Deloitte’s Inventory Group (IG) may be the place for you! For leading companies, analyzing global effective tax rates isn't the end game. Creating competitive advantage by incorporating the tax perspective in all business objectives and decisions is. Our IG team offers national and international exposure with the opportunity to provide creative and efficient solutions in our tax and consultation services.
Work you’ll do
As a Tax Manager in our IG team, you will:
- Provide day-to-day oversight of multiple Inventory engagements, interacting directly with clients and local office Deloitte teams
- Consult with clients in transforming their inventory processes
- Consult with clients on how inventory impacts the new tax reform legislation including BEAT, GILTI, etc.
- Supervise national teams in both our U.S. and U.S.- India offices
- Mentor and develop Consultants, Senior Consultants, and Interns by providing leadership, counseling, and career guidance
- Actively participate in marketplace pursuits such as meeting with prospective clients and demonstrating the IG expertise
- Manage the economics of client projects
National Federal Tax Services (NFTS) is a national practice within Deloitte Tax LLP made up of a number of tax service offerings. Each NFTS service offering has been developed and built as a result of a tax planning idea, a marketplace need, or a technological innovation – all with the purpose of delivering results for our clients. Our people are entrepreneurial in spirit and have always had the work-hard/play-hard mentality.
Our IG team operates within Deloitte’s NFTS practice under the umbrella of Federal Tax Services (FTS). We provide a dedicated inventory tax team with specialized tax knowledge and tools to assist our clients with analyzing their tax inventory methods and implementing an approach focused on cash flow savings, compliance, and technological process improvements.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, business, finance or other business-related field
- Ability to travel 30%, on average, based on the work you do and the clients and industries/sectors you serve
- 5+ years of experience in federal accounting methods compliance using tax technology
- Experience presenting to clients or other decision-makers for purposes of project delivery or sales pursuits
- One of the following accreditations obtained:
- Licensed CPA in state of practice/primary office if eligible to sit for the CPA
- If not CPA eligible:
- Licensed attorney
- Enrolled Agent
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Chartered Financial Advisor (CFA)
- Advanced degree such as MST, MAcc, or LLM
- Self-starter with demonstrated ability to effectively handle multiple, competing priorities
- Strong executive presence and demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to proactively develop internal and external working relationships
- Highly disciplined and able to work under strict deadlines in fast-paced collegial environment
- Previous Big 4 experience or equivalent
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters. Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you. Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
Something looks off?