Tax Senior - Investment Management - Private Equity Tax
Are you looking to be a part of the largest growth area in the tax industry? Do you have experience serving clients in partnership taxation, leading and mentoring teams, and advising on important tax and business issues? If you’re a leader who wants to develop and thrive in the most strategic part of our tax practice and serve our largest clients, we have an exciting opportunity for you as a Tax Senior on our growing team!
What You’ll Do
As a Tax Senior, you will utilize your prior experience to provide tax compliance and advisory services to investment management clients. You will assist clients with effective analysis, solution development, and implementation of clients’ tax objectives. You will manage the client relationship by delivering tax advisory services to the client.
Responsibilities Will Include:
- Performing detail-level reviews of tax research, partnership work papers, allocations, and tax filings
- Coordinating and communicating with client contacts as required to gather information to complete their tax returns.
- Training, mentoring, and supervising new and experienced-level tax staff, and attending required Deloitte Tax LLP and sector-specific trainings.
- Preparing and leading client meetings on compliance and advisory projects related to tax planning opportunities, and the tax implications of various transactions to the organization.
As the global leader in providing professional services to the Investment Management industry, Deloitte Tax LLP works with clients to address a range of critical issues brought on by regulatory changes, competition, globalization, advances in technology, and the changing demands of their investors/customers. Our US tax industry group is comprised of more than 1,400 partners, principals, and employees providing a spectrum of tax services to a broad range of Investment Management companies. Our financial services clients include investment advisers and administrators from every sector of the industry, including hedge funds, private equity, investment partnerships, alternative products, family offices, mutual funds, broker-dealers, banks, insurance companies, and other investment managers.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or other business-related field
- 2+ years’ experience providing tax planning services or preparing and reviewing client work papers and income tax returns
- 2+ years’ experience with investment management or partnership taxation
- Experience with Subchapter K, partnership allocation methodologies, and the tax compliance process for investment partnerships
- Ability to travel 25%, on average, based on the work you do and the clients and industries/sectors you serve
- One of the following accreditations obtained, in process, or must be willing and able to obtain:
- Licensed CPA in state of practice/primary office if eligible to sit for the CPA
- If not CPA eligible:
- Licensed attorney
- Enrolled Agent
- Other- Chartered Financial Advisor (CFA) or Certified Financial Planner (CFP) may also be acceptable depending on the specific role and business approval.
- Previous Big 4 experience or large CPA firm experience
- Knowledge of fund accounting and general ledger accounting
- Experience working in a fast-paced, team environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
The wage range for this role takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. The disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. At Deloitte, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $63,700 to $139,100.
You may also be eligible to participate in a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing the program, whereby an award, if any, depends on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and organizational performance.
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters. Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you. Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
Something looks off?