Senior Manager - Financial Services Industries - Mutual Fund Tax
Mutual funds—Are you a leader, passionate about financial products and understand regulated investment companies, Subchapter M, section 4982 excise calculations, and tax compliance.? If this is music to your ears, and you love a challenge and a very fast-paced environment, we have the career for you!
What you’ll do
As a Tax Senior Manager, you will draw on experience in accounting and taxation to provide tax compliance and consulting services to Investment Management clients. You will conduct day-to-day management of accounts by delivering tax consulting services to the client and bringing in specialists when necessary; perform a high-level of tax research and work on regulated investment company (RIC) tax work papers, financial statement provisions and related tax disclosures and federal and relevant state returns, excise calculations, and RIC compliance tests. Additionally, you will motivate, mentor, supervise, and train new and experienced-level Tax Consultants and Tax Seniors; begin taking on lead client contact roles on engagements; be involved in sales and marketing activities; attend required training; and facilitate at least one engagement-specific training and one national training per year.
As global leaders in providing professional services to the Investment Management industry, Deloitte Tax LLP works with clients to address a range of critical issues brought on by regulatory changes, competition, globalization, advances in technology, and the changing demands of their investors/customers. Our US tax industry group is comprised of more than 1,400 partners, principals, and employees providing a spectrum of tax services to a broad range of Investment Management companies. Our clients include investment advisers and administrators from every sector of the industry, including hedge funds, private equity, investment partnerships, alternative products, family offices, mutual funds, broker-dealers, banks, insurance companies, and other investment managers.
- 8+ years’ experience providing tax planning services or preparing and reviewing client work papers and income tax returns
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or other business-related field
- One of the following certifications obtained:
- Licensed CPA in state of practice/primary office if eligible to sit for the CPA
- If not CPA eligible:
- Licensed attorney
- Enrolled Agent
- Other - Chartered Financial Advisor (CFA) or Certified Financial Planner (CFP) may also be acceptable depending on the specific role and business approval
- Demonstrated advanced understanding of Subchapter M, financial products, and book to tax adjustments common to regulated investment companies
- Ability to travel 25%, on average, based on the work you do and the clients and industries/sectors you serve
- Previous Big 4 experience
- Experience working in a fast-paced, team environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of fund accounting and general ledger accounting
- Demonstrated basic understanding of Subchapter K and investment partnership taxation
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters. Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you. Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
Something looks off?