Manager - Financial Services Industries - Insurance Tax
Are you a strategic and creative tax manager who likes leading teams to solve complex federal tax issues? Do phrases like “accounting for income taxes,” “tax restructuring,” and “tax controversy” pique your interest? Do you enjoy developing client relationships and providing federal tax compliance and consulting services to a variety of clients in the insurance and financial services industries? If you answered “Yes” to any of these questions, you should consider a career in Deloitte’s Business Tax Services (Insurance Industry) practice!
Work You’ll Do
As a Tax Manager within the Business Tax Services Insurance group, you will provide federal tax consulting and compliance services to a diverse client base in various industry sectors. You will work directly with the client, manage the tax engagement team, have access to an elite group of specialists when needed, and be connected to a strong support system from firm leadership to ensure you are set up for success in your role and career. Responsibilities will include:
- Maintaining and developing strong client relationships on various federal tax consulting/compliance engagements within the insurance industry.
- Overseeing complex federal tax compliance and consulting projects requiring tax analysis for a variety of entities and their affiliates and ensuring the integrity of tax results using technology solutions, as well as supporting the development and implementation of tax strategies and planning opportunities.
- Managing engagement workflow, engagement team resources, and engagement billing while providing leadership, counseling, and career guidance for the development and motivation of the engagement team.
- Consulting with other service lines and peers to address tax issues and meet organizational objectives; particularly in the areas of international tax, state tax, transfer pricing, investments tax and M&A.
- Staying abreast, and educating others, of trends and developments within the insurance industry.
- Delivering professional and timely services to internal and external customers.
At Deloitte, our tax consultants provide a full-range of tax services to clients. We help our clients combine tax data, processes, technology, and people in new ways to uncover valuable business insights and arrive at smarter solutions to business challenges. Our team members work collaboratively and apply their specialized knowledge and experience to help clients navigate past complex tax and financial reporting issues. We offer deep insights into their business practices and procedures and help them make more informed decisions to enhance their business’ efficiencies. Learn more about Deloitte Tax.
- 5+ years’ experience in federal taxation.
- Experience managing and developing both client service relationships and engagement teams, local and remote.
- Proficient in using tax code and regulations. Strong knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Statements of Statutory Accounting Principles (SSAP), and related pronouncements such as Accounting Standards Codification Topic 740: Income Taxes (ASC 740) and Statement of Statutory Accounting Principles No. 101 (SSAP 101).
- Technologically inclined, with the ability to articulate complex tax issues in a simplified manner across all levels of an organization.
- One of the following accreditations obtained:
- Licensed CPA in state of practice/primary office if eligible to sit for the CPA
- If not CPA eligible:
- Licensed attorney
- Enrolled Agent
- Other - Chartered Financial Advisor (CFA) or Certified Financial Planner (CFP) may also be acceptable depending on the specific role and business approval
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or related field.
- Ability to travel 25%, on average, based on the work you do and the clients and industries/sectors you serve
- Advanced degree such as Masters of Tax, JD, and/or LLM.
- Previous Big 4 or large CPA firm experience.
- Experience in the Insurance Industry and proficiency with SSAP 101.
The wage range for this role takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. The disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. At Deloitte, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $106,400 to $197,600.
You may also be eligible to participate in a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing the program, whereby an award, if any, depends on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and organizational performance.
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters. Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you. Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
Something looks off?