Seasonal Tax Senior Manager - Investment Management
Are you looking to be part of the largest growth area in the tax profession? Do you have experience serving clients in the Investment Management industry? Are you interested in a fast-paced, tech savvy environment, but only looking to work part of the year? If you excel at partnership/Subchapter K federal tax compliance and have experience researching and addressing complex tax issues for Hedge Fund and Private Equity clients, we may have the right seasonal opportunity for you! We are looking for a sharp, analytical Investment Management Tax Senior Manager who is ready to handle new challenges and join one of the largest Tax practices in the world. This seasonal position begins in early June 2023 and will end in October 2023.
Work You’ll Do
Investment Management Tax specialists provide tax compliance and advisory services for a variety of entities and their affiliates. In this role, you will grow your technical knowledge by working on large, complex hedge fund or private equity pass-through tax compliance and related projects. You will have access to outstanding resources, collaborative teammates, technical specialists, and supportive leadership to help you successfully serve our clients with excellence.
Responsibilities will include:
- Performing review of workpapers and tax returns for hedge funds or investment funds
- Performing review of investor packages, including Schedules K-1, K-2, K-3, and related footnote disclosures
- Researching federal tax issues and legislation to assist with the compliance and reporting process
- Identifying international and state tax information reporting needs and collaborating with specialists who lead those workstreams
- Assisting with workflow management on assigned engagements, making sure workstreams are moving at the appropriate pace
As a global leader in providing professional services to the Investment Management industry, Deloitte Tax LLP works with clients to address a range of critical issues brought on by regulatory changes, competition, globalization, advances in technology, and the changing demands of their investors/customers. Our US tax industry group is comprised of more than 1,400 partners, principals, and employees providing a spectrum of tax services to a broad range of Investment Management companies. Our financial services clients include investment advisers and administrators from every sector of the industry, including hedge funds, private equity, investment partnerships, alternative products, family offices, mutual funds, broker-dealers, banks, insurance companies, and other investment managers.
- 8+ years’ experience providing tax planning services and/or preparing and reviewing federal income tax workpapers and tax returns
- 3+ years’ experience with investment management or partnership taxation
- Understanding of Subchapter K, financial products, wash sale and constructive sale rules, and familiarity with aggregate allocations for hedge funds and/or understanding of Subchapter K, partnership allocation methodologies, and the tax compliance process for investment partnerships
- Experience managing projects including scheduling, budgeting, client correspondence, and billing
- Previous employment with Deloitte Tax
- One of the following accreditations obtained:
- Licensed CPA in state of practice/primary office if eligible to sit for the CPA
- If not CPA eligible:
- Licensed attorney
- Enrolled Agent
- Other - Chartered Financial Advisor (CFA) or Certified Financial Planner (CFP) may also be acceptable depending on the specific role and business approval
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or other business-related field
- Ability to travel 5%, on average, based on the work you do and the clients and industries/sectors you serve
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
- Previous Big 4 or Large Public Accounting experience
- Knowledge of fund accounting and general ledger accounting
- Advanced knowledge of GoSystems and/or similar tax software and a strong interest in learning new technology
The wage range for this role takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. The disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. At Deloitte, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $133,000 to $273,000.
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters. Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you. Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
Something looks off?