Business Tax Services - Senior Manager - Healthcare Tax Exempt
Does working with tax-exempt organizations pique your interest? Are you a strategic and creative federal tax professional who likes solving complex federal tax issues? Do you enjoy providing federal tax compliance and consulting services to dynamic clients across a variety of non-profit industries? Do you like to have well-rounded technical skills? Are you comfortable with the greyness of the tax-exempt rules? If you answered “Yes” to any of these questions, you should consider a career in Deloitte’s Business Tax Services Tax-Exempt practice!
What You’ll Do
As a Tax Senior Manager within the Tax-Exempt practice, you will spend your time serving non-profit clients including health care providers, higher education institutions, private foundations, health plans, and other tax-exempt organizations. Your time will be focused on providing tax compliance and consulting services including restructuring, acquisition planning, tax controversy, exemption applications, unrelated business tax consulting and more. You will work directly with sophisticated clients, manage the tax engagement team, have access to an elite group of specialists when needed, and be connected to a strong support system from firm leadership to ensure you are set up for success in your role and career. As part of the Tax-Exempt practice, you will interact with and work with like-minded Tax-Exempt specialists from across the country on a regular basis.
Responsibilities Will Include
- Maintaining and developing strong client relationships on various federal tax consulting/compliance engagements.
- Advising clients on a variety of tax issues including tax compliance, business restructuring, exemption strategies, and tax controversy.
- Overseeing federal tax compliance and consulting projects requiring tax analysis for a variety of entities and their affiliates.
- Managing engagement workflow, engagement team resources, and engagement billing.
- Providing leadership, counseling, and career guidance for the development and motivation of the engagement team.
- Marketplace activities, eminence building, and practice development
At Deloitte Tax LLP, our Tax-Exempt services team works within the broader Business Tax Services team providing clients with specialized knowledge and insights. This provides clients with information that allows them to gain insights and tax strategies they can implement into their operations while working within the confines of their individual risk profiles and tax-exempt purposes. Business Tax subject matter experts and industry specialists provide services relevant to our clients’ businesses, and exempt organizations serve many different subniches from healthcare to art museums to grant makers and social impact bond issuers. Our team assists with global tax challenges and consults in transforming tax departments to create greater impact and efficiency within our clients’ organizations. Our spectrum of Business Tax Services are relevant for tax payers ranging from individuals and estates to public and private companies to tax-exempt organizations. The services range from tax planning to tax compliance, controversy and risk management, to specialized services including research and development, government incentives, and tax management consulting. Join us, and help clients optimize their tax functions and take strategy to the next level. Learn more about Deloitte Business Tax Services.
- 8+ years’ experience in federal taxation with a strong emphasis on tax-exempt organizations, such as: 501(c)(3)s and 501(c)(4)s including a combination within health care providers, health plans, higher education institutions, private foundations and other tax-exempt organizations
- Solid understanding and experience with federal tax compliance, tax analysis, and tax research
- Solid understanding with respect to mergers, acquisitions, and restructuring specific to tax-exempt organizations
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business, Finance or other business-related field
- One of the following accreditations obtained:
- Licensed CPA in state of practice/primary office if eligible to sit for the CPA
- If not CPA eligible:
- Licensed attorney
- Enrolled Agent
- Other- Chartered Financial Advisor (CFA) or Certified Financial Planner (CFP) may also be acceptable depending on the specific role and business approval.
- Advanced degree such as Masters of Tax, JD, and/or LLM
- Ability to travel 25%, on average, based on the work you do and the clients and industries/sectors you serve
- Previous Big 4 or large CPA firm experience
- Excellent presentation and communications skills
- Strong management experience
- Strong analytical skills
The wage range for this role takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. The disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. At Deloitte, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $124,600 to $273,000.
You may also be eligible to participate in a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing the program, whereby an award, if any, depends on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and organizational performance.
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters. Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you. Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
Something looks off?