Security Analyst - PDM - Secret clearance
Are you looking to elevate your cyber career? Your technical skills? Your opportunity for growth? Deloitte’s Government and Public Services Cyber Practice (GPS Cyber Practice) is the place for you! Our GPS Cyber Practice helps organizations create a cyber minded culture and become stronger, faster, and more innovative. You will become part of a team that advises, implements, and manages solutions across five verticals: Strategy, Defense and Response; Identity; Infrastructure; Data; and Application Security. Our dynamic team offers opportunities to work with cutting-edge cyber security tools and grow both vertically and horizontally at an accelerated rate. Join our cyber team and elevate your career.
Work you’ll do
- Provide Security Operations Center (SOC) support and guidance to the teams and the client that improve the client’s cybersecurity posture, to include the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of information systems by identifying, verifying, and understanding cyber events
- Provide Security Operations Center (SOC) support via 24x7 shift schedule coverage to collect, analyze, and correlate security events to enable recommendations for mitigation of potential incidents.
- Operate audit log and monitoring systems, security information and event management (SIEM) tools, network-based and host-based intrusion detection systems, firewalls, malware detection tools, antivirus solutions/systems, VPN technologies and encryptions standards
Deloitte’s Government and Public Services (GPS) practice – our people, ideas, technology and outcomes—is designed for impact. Serving federal, state, & local government clients as well as public higher education institutions, our team of more than 15,000 professionals brings fresh perspective to help clients anticipate disruption, reimagine the possible, and fulfill their mission promise.
At Deloitte, we believe cyber is about starting things—not stopping them—and enabling the freedom to create a more secure future. Cyber Strategy, Defense and Response (SDR) focuses on helping federal clients design and implement transformational enterprise security programs with an emphasis on defending against, recovering from, and mitigating major cyberattacks. If you’re seeking a career that increases cyber awareness, utilizes risk management programs, and develops strategies for cyber defense and response, then the Cyber SDR offering at Deloitte is for you.
- At least one year of experience working in a Security Operations Center (SOC) or Network Operations Center (NOC) environment performing security event monitoring and analysis
- Working knowledge of the various operating systems (e.g. Windows, OS X, Linux, etc.) commonly deployed in enterprise networks.
- Must possess a working knowledge of network communications and routing protocols (e.g. TCP, UDP, ICMP, BGP, MPLS, etc.) and common internet applications and standards (e.g. SMTP, DNS, DHCP, SQL, HTTP, HTTPS, etc.)
- High school diploma
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
- Active Secret security clearance
- Certification: Security+, GIAC Security Essentials (GSEC) or equivalent certification is desired
- Ability and prior experience with analyzing information technology security events to discern events that qualify as legitimate security incidents as opposed to non-incidents. This includes the identification of malicious code present within a computer system as well identification of malicious activities that are present within a computer system and/or enterprise network
- Experience working with a ticket management system to collect, document and maintain information pertinent to security investigations and incidents
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills and ability produce clear and thorough security incident reports and briefings
- Experience in monitoring the operational status of monitoring components and escalating and reporting outages of the components
- Conceptual understanding of Windows Active Directory
- Experience working with various event logging systems and must be proficient in the review of security event log analysis. Previous experience with SIEM platforms that perform log collection, analysis, correlation, and alerting is also preferred
- Experience with the identification and implementation of counter-measures or mitigating controls for deployment and implementation in the enterprise network environment
- Experience in collecting and maintaining information pertinent to security; investigations and incidents in a format that supports analysis, situational awareness reporting, and law enforcement investigation efforts
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
Something looks off?