Employment Tax Manager - Global Employer Services
Are you a leader and strategic thinker who can integrate, deep tax technical expertise, strategic business knowledge and market-leading experience to advise on the design, delivery and taxation of employee compensation? Do you have an in-depth understanding of the regulatory landscape and business environments in which global clients operate around the world? If you said “Yes!” and this is your passion, we have the perfect career for you!
The Employment Tax practice at Deloitte Tax LLP helps clients understand and manage the complexities of their US and global employment tax obligations – i.e. taxing and reporting compensation delivered to employees, executives, expatriates, non-employee directors, independent contractors, agency workers and more. We provide technical advice and strategic guidance to all types of organization – from public to private sector (listed and non-listed) and are privileged to serve some of the largest employers in the world.
What you’ll do
As a GES Employment Tax Manager, you will:
- Support employment tax revenue growth in the US, and globally.
- Manage a broad range of client relationships, providing employment tax consultative services while exceeding expectations.
- Support employment tax due diligence, advisory, planning and compliance services.
- Identify engagement opportunities and coordinate with engagement leadership to deliver the breadth of Global Employer Services to the client.
- Develop, Market and/or sell new/existing services to current and target clients.
- Supervise the daily operations of your engagement teams and their delivery of compliance and consulting services
- Establishing and maintain client relationships which may include the C-suite.
- Collaborate with client engagement leaders to address budgeting, billing, management, and engagement team deployment.
- Be responsible for the career development and motivation of your engagement teams.
As an Employment Tax Manager, you will be part of the Global Employer Services team. Our Global Employer Services tax consultants help clients develop tax-aligned compensation and benefits programs that address their international and domestic needs. Our consultants come from global mobility, compensation and benefits backgrounds and work with clients to streamline business operations while managing the scalability, risks, and costs of programs. Our team offers a full range of services and guides clients through their processes, technologies, and strategies.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, human resources, international business, finance, economics, cross-cultural studies, or other liberal arts majors; ideally, with a related minor degree (for example, an accounting major and human resources
- 5+ years of experience in employment tax, global personal income tax compliance and consulting, global compensation rewards, transactions, mobility consulting, and/or global talent strategy consulting
- Experience in managing client relationships
- Ability to travel 25%, on average, based on the work you do and the clients and industries/sectors you serve
- One of the following accreditations obtained:
- Licensed CPA in state of practice/primary office if eligible to sit for the CPA
- If not CPA eligible, one of the other designations listed below based on role requirements and business approval:
- Licensed Attorney
- Enrolled Agent
- Global Professional in Human Resources (GPHR)
- Certified Equity Professional (CEP)
- Certified Employee Benefits Specialist (CEBS)
- Certified Pension Consultant (CPC)
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP)
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Workday Certification
- Master’s degree or equivalent in the related field
- Strong technology skills including Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint
- Able to work within large, complex engagements and work efficiently and with a sense of urgency
- Strong analytical, consultative, quantitative, and project management skills
- Strong executive presence, and excellent communication (verbal & written) and presentation skills with an aptitude for working as part of a global team
- Ability to develop customized solutions to meet client needs with the ability to prioritize tasks, work on multiple assignments, and manage assignments in a team environment
The wage range for this role takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. The disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. At Deloitte, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $103600 to $227500.
You may also be eligible to participate in a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing the program, whereby an award, if any, depends on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and organizational performance.
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters. Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you. Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
Something looks off?