SAP Implementation Specialist Leader
Do you like to be hands-on with technology while leading teams with your strong project manager skills? We need entrepreneurial and passionate professionals to play in this world and lead implementations.
What you’ll do:
As an ETI Specialist Leader, you will contribute to the growth and development of Deloitte Tax LLP in a variety of ways, including:
- Business Development: Develop and maintain contact with top decision makers at key clients; organize and lead pursuit teams; participate and lead aspects of the proposal development process; contribute to the development of proposal pricing strategies.
- Client Management: Manage the day-to-day interactions with executive clients and sponsors.
- Engagement Management: Lead engagement planning and budgeting; mobilize and manage engagement teams; define deliverable structure and content; facilitate buy-in of proposed solutions from top management levels at the client; direct on-time, quality delivery of work products; manage engagement economics; and manage engagement risk.
- Practice Development & Eminence: Develop practical solutions and methodologies; develop "thought-ware" and "point-of-view" documents; participate in public speaking events; get published in industry periodicals.
- People Development: Perform role of counselor and coach; provide input and guidance into the staffing process; actively participate in staff recruitment and retention activities; provide leadership and support for delivery teams and staff in local offices.
Deloitte’s Tax Technology Consulting (TTC) group helps our clients’ tax departments improve their operations by developing new technology-enabled, cutting-edge methods and processes. Deloitte TTC professionals are aligned across our global network of member firms to address our clients’ objectives in a seamless fashion. Deloitte TTC teams include industry, tax, organizational change, technology, and co-sourcing specialists who help connect our clients’ global strategies and the options that exist to turn theory into an executable plan. Learn more about Deloitte Tax Management Consulting.
TMC’s Enterprise Tax Integration (ETI) professionals provide an integrated approach to process improvement that can help the tax department maximize its strategic value to the organization. Companies that have already implemented or are considering implementing an enterprise resource planning (ERP) system often overlook the tax benefits these systems can provide or underestimate the impact on the tax department. To be most effective from a tax perspective, a successful ERP implementation requires professionals who specialize in tax and can effectively address a corporate tax function’s unique needs, requirements and obligations. Our ETI team, the largest of its type, offers the necessary combination of skills, methodology and practical experience to help clients avoid the pitfalls of an ERP implementation.
- 8+ years’ experience in corporate, multistate, indirect, value-added, or transaction tax compliance
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, computer science, or related field
- Completion of at least two full lifecycle SAP implementations
- Experience with tax technology applications (e.g. OneSource, Vertex, Avalara, Sovos /Taxware, Oracle Enterprise Business Tax)
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills including presentation skills using MS Visio and MS PowerPoint
- Ability to travel 80-100% , on average, based on the work you do and the clients and industries/sectors you serve
- CPA, Enrolled Agent, or other appropriate certification (either in process or able/willing to obtain)
- Vendor Certification for Management of Implementations (Oracle, SAP, Thomson Reuters, etc.)
- Project Management (PMP)
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer (MCSD)
- Six Sigma (Black Belt)
- Other - additional various tax technology accreditations may be acceptable based on business review and approval
- Advanced degree such as MST, JD, or LLM
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Experience with a Big 4 firm, large ERP/consulting organization, or a large corporate tax department of a multinational company
- Experience in ERP system implementation
- Experience working in a fast-paced, team environment
- Experience working directly with clients
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team with professionals
The wage range for this role takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. The disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. At Deloitte, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $156,800 to $319,800.
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters. Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you. Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
Something looks off?