Senior Cyber Security Engineer - PDM - Secret clearance
Are you looking to elevate your cyber career? Your technical skills? Your opportunity for growth? Deloitte’s Government and Public Services Cyber Practice (GPS Cyber Practice) is the place for you! Our GPS Cyber Practice helps organizations create a cyber minded culture and become stronger, faster, and more innovative. You will become part of a team that advises, implements, and manages solutions across five verticals: Strategy, Defense and Response; Identity; Infrastructure; Data; and Application Security. Our dynamic team offers opportunities to work with cutting-edge cyber security tools and grow both vertically and horizontally at an accelerated rate. Join our cyber team and elevate your career.
Work you’ll do
- Provide Security Operations Center (SOC) engineering support and guidance to the teams and the client that improve the client’s cybersecurity posture, to include the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of information systems by identifying, verifying, and understanding cyber events
- Provide Security Operations Center (SOC) support via 24x7 shift schedule coverage to collect, analyze, and correlate security events to enable recommendations for mitigation of potential incidents
- Operate audit log and monitoring systems, security information and event management (SIEM) tools, network-based and host-based intrusion detection systems, firewalls, malware detection tools, antivirus solutions/systems, VPN technologies and encryptions standards
- Demonstrate practical understanding of log and monitoring management systems, security event monitoring systems, network-based and host-based intrusion detection systems, firewall technologies, malware detection and enterprise-level antivirus solutions/systems, VPN technologies and encryptions standards.
Deloitte’s Government and Public Services (GPS) practice – our people, ideas, technology and outcomes—is designed for impact. Serving federal, state, & local government clients as well as public higher education institutions, our team of more than 15,000 professionals brings fresh perspective to help clients anticipate disruption, reimagine the possible, and fulfill their mission promise.
At Deloitte, we believe cyber is about starting things—not stopping them—and enabling the freedom to create a more secure future. Cyber Strategy, Defense and Response (SDR) focuses on helping federal clients design and implement transformational enterprise security programs with an emphasis on defending against, recovering from, and mitigating major cyberattacks. If you’re seeking a career that increases cyber awareness, utilizes risk management programs, and develops strategies for cyber defense and response, then the Cyber SDR offering at Deloitte is for you.
- At least five years of experience in security focused IT engineering, specifically in cyber security and cyber engineering
- At least five years of experience in a Security Operations Center (SOC)
- At least five years of experience in the operations, management, monitoring and maintenance of network security devices and technologies, including firewalls, routers, VPN, IDS sensors, proxies, wireless access points, PKI, domain controllers, security information event managers, etc.
- At least five years of practical experience in the application, management and implementation of security policies, controls and baselines to wide range of operating systems (e.g. Windows, OS X, Linux, etc.), network equipment (e.g. routers, switches) and network security devices (e.g. firewalls, IDS sensors, proxy servers, VPN concentrators, etc.)
- High school diploma
- Certification: One or more vendor specific certifications (Microsoft, Linux or Cisco). Examples include MCSE or CCNP
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
- Active Secret security clearance required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with and ability to execute change, problem and incident management concepts and methodologies (e.g. ITIL, COBIT)
- Excellent organizational and attention to details skills
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.